Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

possessed AC

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Default possessed AC

as name states its a 08 gls santa fe... well recently ive noticed the AC turns on by itself... Ive hit the off button numerous times to watch the AC turn back on by itself. The dealership hasnt been able to reproduce the issue... i took video of it so next time i go to the dealership i can show them that so they dont think im crazy... anyone else ever deal with this and is there a solution

Old 10-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Can you give a better description of the problem? Sometimes the A/C is designed to go on by itself. Like when you put the defroster on. Is it the manual or automatic climate control system?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM

sorry to get back to you so late....The ac is manual climate control... The problem is... if i hit the button to turn it off it turns back on within a few seconds... and sometimes it takes a few times hitting the off button for the AC to stay off.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
gp5

My 2010 Santa Fe SE is doing the same thing. Possessed is the exact word I used today when I took it to the dealer earlier for oil change and had them check the a/c thing out. Of course, they could not replicate it. They said that they contacted Hyundai tech services and this issue was not is their record of reported issues. Now it is. Have you had any resolution? Would like to know so that my dealership could fix the issue.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 AM

my 2005 does the same thing. Just come on, when ever it wants too.......

Old 02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Default Battery Terminals

i had a similar issue with the interior fan and I cleaned the battery terminals and the issue is gone

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM

My a/c is possessed too. Not just the a/c, but the whole ventilation system will turn itself on whenever it feels like (usually during wet weather).

Hyundai "can't replicated the problem" - and so hasn't been able to fix it.

Recently, I noticed that the floor vent no longer pumps out heat like it used to - now the heat comes out of the dashboard vents, regardless of which vents that I actually selected.

Could this all be a faulty wiring issue?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 PM

Have a similar issue with our Entourage. The temperature will change on its own. The rear temp will crank up to hot and then the recirc turns itself on.

Anyone ever found a fix for this?

Old 11-23-2013, 09:25 PM

Hi, I have the same problem in 2012 GLS, did anyone find any solution?

Old 09-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Default My AC is possessed too

Did anyone find a solution? My 2008 Santa Fe GLS has the same issues. I have realized that it will come on to the last setting it was at. For example, if I had it on Max AC before, it will come on with Max AC as opposed to AC or non-AC. Usually I don't want it on (or else I would have turned it on myself) so I take it off AC before hitting the off button so I don't get frozen out when it decides to come back on.

I just called the dealer and they said they have never heard of that issue before.

Quick Reply: possessed AC