Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Santa Fe (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-santa-fe-20/)
-   -   Remote starter questions... 2008 Santa Fe SE (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-santa-fe-20/remote-starter-questions-2008-santa-fe-se-4056/)

cvcduty 03-25-2008 07:33 AM

Remote starter questions... 2008 Santa Fe SE

Hi guys,
I just bought a 2008 Santa Fe SE and had the dealer install a remote starter for me. When I had the car delivered, I noticed that the doors would unlock when I would start the car remotely... Hmm... not a desired feature... So I asked the dealer to make it so that the doors would remain locked while the car is being remote started.
The thing is, the dealer and the shop that installed the system are claiming that the factory alarm system is preventing the doors from being kept locked... The only thing they could figure out to do was to lock the doors again after the car is remotely started. So now, when I start the car with the remote starter (by pressing the button on the key fob), all doors unlock... and the car starts. After about 3-5 seconds, doors automatically re-lock themselves... It's almost there, but still I want the doors to remain locked throughout the starting process and none of this unlocking and then re-locking stuff that they claim it's the only thing that they can program the car to do... Does this sound right to you? Do your cars (for those with remote starters intalled) do this? Is the shop and the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me? If you can give me an insight, I would appreciate it.
It's going to be driven by my wife most of the time and I would hate for her to be put in a dangerous situation by having her and the car exposed even though that's only by 3-5 seconds...
Thanks.

07SanteFe 05-01-2009 08:02 PM

These dealers must be using all different brands of autostarts.. I had gone put on my 07 at delivery and because of the alarm system, my keyfob does not unlock the doors if I remote start the vehicle first. I have to either unlock first and then start and then run out and open a door or else the security system locks the doors after 30 seconds and then the fob would not open them, have to manually open the door. There has to be a way for these systems to be configured properly!!! Either way, our systems do not work the way we want them too,....

letsroc1 05-04-2009 06:57 AM

I have one on my 07 also and my doors will stay lock when I start my Santa Fe. Where are you from I can give the number of the shop that put it on for me I'm in South Carolina the name of the shop is Elite Audio 864-583-0604

PCLtd 03-11-2010 03:27 PM

2009 Santa Fe - remote starter unlocks doors when starting

I have a 2009 Santa Fe with a CompuStar 2 way remote. I learned the hard way that when you start the car with the remote, the car unlocks for about 30 seconds. The installer (Future Shop) tells me that its because the factory imobilizer unlocks the door when it disarms to allow the car to start.

Apparently there is nothing they can do about it. They blame it on Hyundai for not allowing after market devices to interact with their electronics. They tell me it should only be a couple of seconds. In any case, even 5 seconds is just enough for someone lurking by your car to hear the door unlock and open the doors and steal stuff, or deface the seats, or hide in the back or whatever.

In any case, I am pretty disappointed in Compu Star and Future Shop, for not advising me before I got it installed.

The Future Shop saleperson is looking into a solution but doesn't sound hopeful. One Future Shop install tech said i could get my electric door locks disabled. Yeah.. right.

From this forum and others, though, there doesn't seem to be a solution until Hyundai releases the interface to their electronics.

Richard Bibb 02-19-2020 06:15 PM

2008 Hyundai Santa fe remote start. Which one to choose?

I have a 2008 Hyundai santa fe and I want to put a remote start on i . Which is the correct and best one for my make and model?

hanky 02-20-2020 06:23 AM

Something a lot of folks may not be aware.
Manufacturers have to abide by certain safety precautions which may not please some customers. Some of these precautions are mandated by the government, and some are for the prevention / protection from lawsuits . Once a vehicle has been altered, the responsibility of the manufacturer now rests with the owner and they are off the hook. So, be careful of what you alter or have altered and dealerships are aware of their liability if they alter things the vehicle was originally certified and built with.