Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Santa Fe (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-santa-fe-20/)
-   -   Santa fe rides like a truck (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-santa-fe-20/santa-fe-rides-like-truck-16428/)

Mike Ward 05-01-2017 05:54 PM

Santa fe rides like a truck

SANTA FE ROUGH RIDE
Your telling me ,,,
\I bought a santa fe brand new and sold it after one week it nearly jolted the life out of me rode like a tip truck YUK

whofan 05-05-2017 04:18 PM

Never expirienced this with my new 2017.
I have been driving either a minivan or half ton and three quarter ton trucks for the last several years, The Santa Fe is better than all above.
Maybe moving from a sedan to sport utility makes it seem bad?
I absolutely love mine.
I did drive a Dodge Durango that was smoother softer than my Santa Fe.
It was like sitting on a waterbed and not in a good way for me.

espilman 03-19-2018 08:38 AM

I have a 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate Limited and mine rides VERY ROUGH. I was told that changing from the stock Kumho tires to the Michelin Premium LTX would make a very big difference. Anyone have any experience with this tire?

mjbuck 03-20-2018 01:01 PM

2018 2.0T Ultimate AWD. Factory tires are horrendous. Changed them out about 1,000 miles in and the ride improved tremendously. Even with that change, my Santa Fe still rides rough, but no where near how my full-size truck does.

420benz 03-25-2018 09:25 PM

WOW: I am leasing a 2017 Lexus-350 and was going to sell it and considered buying a 2018 Santa Fe.
Maybe i should re think this after taking a test drive.

smedleyludlow 09-15-2018 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by espilman (Post 54181)
I have a 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate Limited and mine rides VERY ROUGH. I was told that changing from the stock Kumho tires to the Michelin Premium LTX would make a very big difference. Anyone have any experience with this tire?

Maybe I don't need to add spring boosters to our 2017 Limited Ultimate that we bought for towing then. It currently has Kuhmo Crugen tires and they ride fine. Our previous 2009 Santa Fe had a rear end that was way too soft for towing. I had airbags until one popped, then I put rubber spring stiffeners in, it helped but wasn't enough. I am testing towing with our new used 2017 Santa Fe this coming week. 3000 pound RPOD camper, loaded.

slk230red 09-19-2018 06:13 PM

I must have owned a lot a crappy cars since 1966....my new 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is one of the nicest riding vehicles I've ever owned. Compared to my '71 Corvette and my 2001 Mercedes SLK, the SFS is like riding on a cloud.

suvlover 09-27-2018 10:39 AM

I am new to this site posting for the first time from the US. I'm hoping to pick up information regarding the new 2019 Santa Fe SEL model. I am very anxious to purchase a new SEL very soon.
I have watched many videos on the net and did test drive one. Some reviewers complain about the poor gas mileage, I want the 2.4 base engine with FWD does anyone on this site own one and can maybe give their opinion as to gas mileage they get ? Plus any pros or cons since buying ?
Thanks for any info.

smedleyludlow 09-27-2018 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by suvlover (Post 54917)
I am new to this site posting for the first time from the US. I'm hoping to pick up information regarding the new 2019 Santa Fe SEL model. I am very anxious to purchase a new SEL very soon.
I have watched many videos on the net and did test drive one. Some reviewers complain about the poor gas mileage, I want the 2.4 base engine with FWD does anyone on this site own one and can maybe give their opinion as to gas mileage they get ? Plus any pros or cons since buying ?
Thanks for any info.

We just bought a used 2017 AWH Santa Fe Limited Ultimate. Our 4th Hyundai. It only comes with a 3.3 liter 292 hp engine. I drove it back 60 miles on a 70 mph highway from the dealer in ECO mode, and it got 30 mpg. Around town it is getting 20 mpg when I drive it, somewhat less when my wife drives it. I do drive conservatively, meaning I don't jump from stoplight to stoplight and I take my foot off the gas when I see a stop light or stop sign ahead. They are going to stop putting the 3.3 engine in Santa Fes in 2019, you may want to consider getting a 2018 with tthe 3.3. It has plenty of power, can get good gas milage and has a tow capacity of 5000 lbs, a major consideration for us as we will be towing a 3000 lb camper. The 2.4 engine is turbocharged, for me that is just someting else to go bad. Don't know about the 2018 or 2019, but ours has so many features that it is going to take months to learn iow to operate all of them. There muct be 30 or so various buttons/switches around the driver, and the entertainmentt center comes with a separate book that I haven't been able to even start to look at yet. There are many layers of menus for various things on the navigation touch screen, which is also used for other functions such as the birds eye view camera system. Our previous '09 Santa Fe with the 3.3 engine (242 hp, 90k miles) is still in good shape and has towed our 3K lb camper around 7000 miles or so with no problems, so I know it is a strong engine. The only question I have is are we going to need a weight distributing hitch. I had airbags on our '09 until one popped, so I took those out and put in rubber coil spring stiffeners that weren't quite enough for the soft '09 rear suspension. The '17s suspension seems stiffer tho.
Be prepared for a deluge of information to assimilate.

suvlover 09-27-2018 07:04 PM

I want to thank you for the information, but I'm only interested in purchasing a new 2019 SEL I luv the new body style. I want the 2.4 non turbo engine, the 6cyl is no longer offered for 2019.