Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

Smart Cruise Control, anyway to enable it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:12 PM
Default Smart Cruise Control, anyway to enable it?

Hi, I have the Santa Fe 2019, it does have the hardware for the Smart Cruise Control (I think it's the same hardware for Forward Collision too right?)

but sadly it's not enabled here in the middle east, many cars has it, so it's not a regulation issue, but the Santa Fe doesn't for some reason.

but since the hardware is already installed (I think) then it should be possible to enable it to work.. right?

is there a way? I was using Lexus GS before and I had a Software that I can customize most hidden settings for my car, is there anything similar?

the dealer won't help ofc.

Thanks

Old 05-19-2019, 09:13 AM

Check your owner’s manual, specifically the fuse box description....there may be only one fuse designated for the active cruise feature, and Hyundai may have just deleted that one fuse in order to disable it.....that would be too easy, right? There’s probably more to it, but that is where I’d start.........

Old 05-19-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by SFUltimate
Check your owner’s manual, specifically the fuse box description....there may be only one fuse designated for the active cruise feature, and Hyundai may have just deleted that one fuse in order to disable it.....that would be too easy, right? There’s probably more to it, but that is where I’d start.........
Thanks, I went running to my car like a kid hoping that would solve it but I guess not, I found the Fuse, its on Sensor 7 in the fuse box under the hood, the fuse already installed, it seems this fuse is also for the Forward Collision feature, makes sense. I tried and removed the fuse and turned on the car, the Forward Collision light was on (meaning it's disabled).

I still think it's software related issue, I need a software that enables hidden features in the car, did that before, I think it will do here too.

or maybe I'm wrong, and the Forward Collision isn't the same hardware as the Smart Cruise Control, and I need to buy/replace mine to be able to use Smart Cruise Control. if they sell it anyway...

Old 05-19-2019, 09:47 AM

Well, it was worth a post and a try, right? A software reflash with the programming for active cruise is probably going to be needed....I wonder if a Hyundai dealer here in the US could legally send you one on a flash drive. What country are you in, and why doesn’t Hyundai offer this feature there?

Old 05-19-2019, 09:53 AM

Well, it was worth a post and a try, right? A software reflash with the programming for active cruise is probably going to be needed....I wonder if a Hyundai dealer here in the US could legally send you one on a flash drive. What country are you in, and why doesn’t Hyundai offer this feature there?
True, totally worth the try, thanks

I'm from Saudi Arabia, and the why, I have no idea, all Genesis cars here has it, I think they are trying to give more features to Genesis cars, so they did not include this feature in any Hyundai car.
I doubt that it will be legal to send it to a different country, that's why I'm looking around hoping I could find software/app or anything that could help. I do take the highway a lot, and the Smart Cruise Control would be great.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:47 AM

I’v got a great relationship with my service department here.....I’ll check with them on Monday when they open and see if they’ve heard anything about this issue — I’ll let you know.........

Old 05-19-2019, 12:09 PM

I’v got a great relationship with my service department here.....I’ll check with them on Monday when they open and see if they’ve heard anything about this issue — I’ll let you know.........
Wow many thanks, can't wait.

best regards

Old 05-19-2019, 05:24 PM

Sometimes some features can be enabled/disabled with a quality scan tool under the heading of special functions provided that feature is available on your vehicle.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Sometimes some features can be enabled/disabled with a quality scan tool under the heading of special functions provided that feature is available on your vehicle.
Do you know where can I get a quality scan tool for my car?

Old 05-20-2019, 04:02 AM

It depends on how much you want to spend. The general range is from $1500+ to $4,000 dollars. That is one reason why diagnostics are so expensive.
Code readers are a dime a dozen , but are very limited as to what other things they can do.

Quick Reply: Smart Cruise Control, anyway to enable it?