Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2005 Sante Fe Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Default 2005 Sante Fe Front Bumper

I am in the middle of an unfortunate experience with my front bumper of the Sante Fe I bought in May of 2005. As the bumper has a small edge that is outside of the fender area, I snagged it on a concrete driveway liner, and it ripped off of my car. First I am upset at myself for the incident, but second I was shocked at two things. 1-that there was no pull from the bumper letting me know it got snagged, I was backing up about 5mph and the next thing I saw was my bumper laying in the driveway. 2-the quality of material that is called the "reinforced" part of the bumper where the screws connect it to the car. I brought it to my local dealer where I bought the car and they said there was nothing Hyundai would do to help me with this cost and it will be $750 for the job.

Any comments on this one? Anyone else run into a problem with the quality of the bumper? Any suggestions?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Default RE: 2005 Sante Fe Front Bumper

I have experienced almost the same problem with my car...What happened is that my Honda bumper, after bumping into something hard on the road, a rock maybe, fell off from my car!...That was the ugliest ride of my life.I guess I'll consult the nearest autoshop in town when it comes to bumper selection...

Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 PM

I feel your pain and I can say that bumpers on vehicles now a days are only a cosmetic item. They play almost no part in collision protection they designed to absorb very little of the impact. My girlfriend own a 2005 Pontiac Pursuit and the bumper is attached to the vehicle with 6 screws and is sagging, but we were told that is normal according to GM....

I would said bumper vs rock/concrete wall, will most likely results in this.... very sad

Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 AM

I was hit by a cabby in NYC..go figure! Crushed the front/side of bumper.
Dealer price extremely high.
Did find out that you can order the bumber after market and have it painted at another shop. Also..it does not come painted from the dealer if I recall..that price may be just for bumper and installation... look for after market.. also..go to junk yards to buy aused bumper.. seems crazy but you can get them much cheaper and sometimes find the exact color..