Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

04 sonata Air bag light on

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Default 04 sonata Air bag light on

Hi, Yesterday my wife's sonata air bag light came on and did not go outafter starting, I have a code reader an it does not show any codes, checked connections under seats an front sensors, can not find a reason for this every thing look to be ok . Have not bumped into any thing to cause this problem, Do I need to have a dealer check this out or is there something else I can check to take care of this ? thanks for any advice Slimone

Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Default RE: 04 sonata Air bag light on

Hi Guys, Well since I recieved NO answers to this question , took it in to my dealer, They looked an checked every thing or so they said and found NOTHING , Said it might have been the fact that something had rolled under the seat an caused it to bump the slide switch ,well sounds like to me they just didn't know what caused it but was able to turn off the light with their scanner, so Light is off now . They did say becareful not to let things roll under the seats . they have 2 switchs under them that is for the air bags . thanks anyway guys Slimone

Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Thumbs up Air bag lihgt on

It worked for my 2006 Sonata. I looked under the seats
And found nothing so I just unpluged all thE connectors and replugged them and the problem went away. The light is now off and it stays off after starting the car. Look for loose connectors under the seats.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 PM

i know this thread is super old, but yeah the wiring underneath is very tight and anything bumping it can set the light. you also can't reset the airbag light with the battery or regular canbusII scanner. you could unplug it but i suggest removing the negative cable for at least an hour so you don't explode things. that'd be bad. i wrapped mine in duct tape, right where the wires meet the sensor, and my light hasn't been an issue for a year now