Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Looking for 2011 Sonata Rims!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Default Looking for 2011 Sonata Rims!

Hi!

I am a first time poster and a first time Hyundai owner! I recently purchased a 2011 Sonata SE. I am looking for original rims as I have 2 (one front, one rear) that are blemished. Anyone looking to get rid of their originals for a great price? Looking for the 18” Hyper Silver Aluminum Alloy.

Thank you!

Old 12-12-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by LoveMySonata
Hi!

I am a first time poster and a first time Hyundai owner! I recently purchased a 2011 Sonata SE. I am looking for original rims as I have 2 (one front, one rear) that are blemished. Anyone looking to get rid of their originals for a great price? Looking for the 18” Hyper Silver Aluminum Alloy.

Thank you!
If they are blemished (manufacturing flaw) take them back to the dealer and have them replaced under warranty. On the other hand, if it's cause you curbed it, I feel your pain. Check evilbay, I just got a complete set of 17" Azera wheels (mint) for just over 300.00 I put winter tires on them and put them on my Sonata. So with summer tires and winter tires the car still looks amazing with either set of wheels.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
If they are blemished (manufacturing flaw) take them back to the dealer and have them replaced under warranty. On the other hand, if it's cause you curbed it, I feel your pain. Check evilbay, I just got a complete set of 17" Azera wheels (mint) for just over 300.00 I put winter tires on them and put them on my Sonata. So with summer tires and winter tires the car still looks amazing with either set of wheels.
Do the 17" Azera wheels really fit on the 2011 Sonata's??? Definately a nice option.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Default Yup, and they look cool too

Originally Posted by Johnzz1420
Do the 17" Azera wheels really fit on the 2011 Sonata's??? Definately a nice option.
I should qualify something. I have a Gold 07 Sonata Limited - a color that Hyundai somehow dropped for some unfortunate reason. Anyway, the Azera wheels fit just fine - plenty of offset for the calipers. I almost bought a set of 2011 wheels for my 07, but wasn't quick enough at the cash register. The 2011 Sonata Limited has 17 inch alloy wheels, so I don't know why the Azera wheels wouldn't fit?? If you're thinking of going with the chrome ones, they look killer.

From what I've heard from NovaResource, the bolt pattern should be the same, so any changes you might have to consider is tire size. Sorry, that's the best info I can give you. I was nervous about buying the Azera wheels. Once I had them I test fitted them and all my anxiety melted away.

BTW, if your Sonata has the alloy wheels, you'll find that they will oxidize to the metal hubs darn quickly and be hard to remove. To solve that problem with mine when I changed wheels, I put just the smallest dab of lithium grease on the hub (NOT THE STUDS) to limit the oxidation. Believe me, they're a bear to get off once they've been on for more than 1/2 year or so.