Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2007 sonata SE v6

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Zan
Default 2007 sonata SE v6

hey guys am new here. i have a corolla right now but am planning to upgrade it to 2007 sonata
i just took it for test drive and the car was amazing
its a 2007 sonata v6 SE
white color new tires 89k miles
now since i have owned a 2006 sonata i know the cars are dependable but i dnt like the v6 factor in it
also the 2006 sonata i had was in warranty when i bought it and had some problems that were fixed for free

since this car is not in warranty i am concerned about the repair issue

is it cheap to do repairs or do these cars breakdown pretty easily
also any advice for something i should be looking for before i buy the car?

thanks

Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

If the car was taken care of before you owned it and then you take care of it, you shouldn't have any problems.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Zan

thanks for the reply
i know hyundai cars last long
but just wanted to know if there are any common problems with 2007 sonata v6

Old 09-16-2011, 09:51 PM

My 08 V6 has ~40K on the odometer without a glitch, just routine maintenance.

Some of the early 3.3 liter V6 engines were built with faulty hydraulic timing chain tensioners. I think installation of problem engines stretched into early 07 Sonatas. There was a factory campaign to replace these, and I think any Hyundai Service Manager can look up the affected build dates or track it by VIN. All affected cars should have been repaired by now. If there is a distinctive engine rattle at start up that goes away as oil pressure builds, I'd be suspicious. If the rattle doesn't go away, I'd take a pass on the car.

Take a flash light, remove the engine cover and look for oil leaks around the head covers. Some of the liquid gasket materials used dried out and became brittle. This car has the age and number of miles for that problem to manifest itself.

Last edited by ken99; 09-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.