Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2010 Sonata USB/Auxiliary Issues

Old 01-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Default 2010 Sonata USB/Auxiliary Issues

Hi all,

I've got an issue with the USB/Auxiliary jacks in my 2010 Sonata. Playback cut out out of nowhere. Nothing worked. Thought it was a poor connection to the cord so I jiggled it around and nothing. So I went replaced it with an OEM like the one shown.

Name:  Aux jack.jpg
Views: 2248
Size:  9.4 KB

At first, nothing and as I sat for 5-10 minutes googling trying to figure out the issue, it started to play. I had it connected to my phone via an aux cord. Now it only works intermittently after the car has been running for a bit. This was never a problem before. I've considered replacing the head unit but I don't know if there's anything else I should check before I go that far. The radio and CD work just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2021, 11:30 AM
Default This works for me

So when I was trying to use the USB port apparently I pushed too hard and the jack was pushed all the way down into the unknown below. I removed this rectangle opening so I could push the Jack back through its slot but that didn't work so now I just go through the rectangle. That worked for a little while and then I'm not sure what happened but now in order for music to play from my phone to the speakers I have to have my phone plugged in with an audio jack cord AND usb charger cord at the same time. I'm about to order a new one and install it. Also when my daughter plugs in her I found charging cord it doesn't work at all and it did before The accidental push through.. I have a Android phone

Last edited by Agent Dean; 04-26-2021 at 11:32 AM.