Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2013 2.4 cam sensor pigtail

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Default 2013 2.4 cam sensor pigtail

Hi Everyone!! My vehicle is a 2013 Sonata 2.4 DOHC VIN C. The situation I need to resolve is this.....apparently a rag or pc of a t-shirt made it into the serpentine belt during a windy moment before a storm a while back. The fabric went around the belt a few times, and snagged what I believe is the cam sensor harness at the back of the motor, in the cylinder head, pass side, up high. It pulled the wires hard enough it broke the plastic connector. However, I was able to reconnect the wires to the sensor, and have driven it several thousand miles this way. (It would not start when I arrived, my daughter was driving the car. Fabric still caught in belt, frayed the edge of the belt. )

I have tried to get the pigtail to properly repair this, but have never been confident of a finding to order it. If i start with looking up the camshaft postion sensor, aftermarket doesn't seem to offer it yet. At least not by application. I would prefer to have a STANDARD brand number, and order it from my local parts house or online.

And it is certainly possible its not the cam sensor. But it is where one typically is located, and had the same effect (while disconnected) as a CPS would. LOL. I really do believe it is the CPS.