Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited Mirror Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Default 2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited Mirror Repair

The other day I smashed up my driver's side mirror pretty badly. Some components are trash, but some of them are still fine. The only pieces I'm sure are broken are the following: the glass and the black part of the plastic housing. I'm still able to adjust the mirror, though I don't know if there's still a chance that the actuator is broken. If it's still possibly broken even though I can adjust the mirror, is there a way to tell that without taking the mirror apart? I know I have blind spot detection. I thought I remember somewhere there was an option for heated mirrors, but I'm not sure which component had that option.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to buy replacements of only the broken pieces? When I've looked online, I can find the whole assembly (#1 in the diagram), the nut (#2), the mirror glass (#3), the actuator (#4), and the turn signal (#5). The only pieces that I believe are broken are the black parts of the plastic (but there's no corresponding part # for this other than #1) and the glass (#3). The turn signal is fine, the silver (painted) portion of the plastic assembly is fine, the nut is almost certainly fine, and I think the actuator may be fine as well.
2. How can I tell if my model has the "memory" function? What does the memory option mean? This is an option when selecting the whole assembly (part #1). For what it's worth, I have 2 preset options for drivers seat configurations. When you get in the car, you can select an option and the seat adjusts. I never paid attention to whether the mirrors adjust too.
3. What does "W/O HYBRID" mean?
4. Really dumb question, but can someone confirm that left corresponds to driver's side (in the US)?

I'm attaching pictures of the damage to clarify anything that is missing from my description. If anyone has a suggestion on a place to get the replacement parts cheap, I'd greatly appreciate a recommendation. I want to get this done as cheaply as possible and consider myself reasonably handy.