Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Airbag Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Default Airbag Control Module

I recently purchased a 99 Sonata and I'm working through the bugs. One is the airbag light is on. The dealer diagnosed it as a bad SRSCM. I puchased a reconditioned one and after replacement, the light is still on. The place where I got the module recommends checking all of the components and connections. What/where are all the components? Are there any specific ones that are the ususal suspects? The car's history does stat that it had a frontal collision a few years ago, but the dealer stated that there is no indication that any airbags were ever deployed. Short of paying the dealers hourly rate, what type of scanner equipment is required and what other types of garages likely would have it?
Thanks.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Don't mess with the SRS system yourself unless you are a trained mechanic and have the required scan tools. Let a dealer fix it properly. Don't be a cheapskate when it comes to safety equipment and your life.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Don't mess with the SRS system yourself unless you are a trained mechanic and have the required scan tools. Let a dealer fix it properly. Don't be a cheapskate when it comes to safety equipment and your life.
I agree completely. Don't be fooling with these things. That's a dealer job for sure.