Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Alarm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Default Alarm Problem

Went to use car today could not find my keys so I used a back up. When I opened my door alarm went of got in thinking if I used the key it would start It didnt. Alarm kept going off so I unhooked my battery Now it just make a ticking sound from under the dash when i turn my key to the on position. When I try to start it nothing. Any Ideas???

Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Its a 2003 Sonata Gls v6. and after I turn the key it just keeps clicking under the dash.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Did you lock the car with the remote key fob? Is the fob also missing with the original key?

Did you unlock the door with just the key or a backup fob?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Did you lock the car with the remote key fob? Is the fob also missing with the original key?

Did you unlock the door with just the key or a backup fob?
Locked it last night with the remote but could not find them this morning so I used a cop of my key.

Unlocked it with just the key but alarm kept going off so I unhooked the battery thinking it would reset the alarm but it didnt.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Only the remote fob can disarm the alarm in the armed stage. If you can't find remote fob then you need to do the following:
1. Unlock the door with the key, which will cause the alarm to start honking.
2. Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position.
3. Wait for 30 seconds.
After completing the steps above, the system will be disarmed.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Slow down a minute,,, with the hinking, and then the key put in during honking,, this cycle was interupted,, ley it finish, then it should make a second cycle,,, let it sit and honk.. after it finish that cycle, then turn key to start.

Lock via RF with remote, module needs to be told via RF to cancel and entry to vehicle is valid entry..

Locking with remote, then using key... there was no cancel made, so when module seen door switch close the circuit, it thinks car is being broken into..

Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM

ok found the fob. now when I click it to lock or unlock my car it does nothing. I sill cannot start the car. just has clicking coming from the ETACS unit that is attached to the fuse panel on the driver side. I have found out that If I pull that unit out it will let the car start.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Also the windows no longer go down the dash does not light up and the ail lights do not work?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 PM

Put the ETAC back in.... ETC shows ETAC involved with closing window relay to power up the system..

Same for tail lights... got them when light switch turned on ?

Map and overhead lights work ?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by sbr711
Put the ETAC back in.... ETC shows ETAC involved with closing window relay to power up the system..

Same for tail lights... got them when light switch turned on ?

Map and overhead lights work ?
When I put it back in the window still will not go down but I think that is because they are disabled by the Alarm. I think that with it still clicking like the alarm is going off that it has disabled them. The tail lights also do not work with it in. THey all worked this morning before the alarm went off and I unhooked the Battery.

Quick Reply: Alarm Problem