Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

A/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Default A/C

[align=left]I am going crazy over my A/C switch. 12 months ago cost me about $950au to have it fixed.. now it is happening again...have to hold switch in firmly and cool air might come on but now is almost cactus(australian for not working) Scared to go back to the Auto-electrician as I am a pensioner. Is it the thermostat? the switch?. The A/c was regassed and serviced 12 months ago! HELP
[/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Default RE: A/C

What type of switch are you talking about?The push button to activate the A/C?Is there a large amount of air coming through the vents when you turn the fan on high whether its cold or not?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:59 AM

[align=left]Yes the push button to activate the A/C with a led light...there is ample air from fan in any speed....and I always have the air intake on recirculation
[/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:02 AM

Possibly they thought it was fixed but maybe a leak in the system of the refrigerant that gradually came out over the 12 month period.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:11 AM

[align=left]But the A/C seems to work OK when/if I get it going by holding the switch in..thanks for your reply..It'll be moving into Autumn here soon so maybe I'll wait till next summer....how do I ask this question to an Hyundai technician in this forum?
[/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:38 AM

hyundai tech will see this next time he logs in and im sure he'll leave a reply.good luck .....or you can click on his name in top 10 posters to the right of the page and can email him from his page.