Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Cruise Control is not working on my 04 Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Default Cruise Control is not working on my 04 Sonata

I'm not sure what to do.

Has anyone had this problem before?

If so or if not, can they give me any suggestions about how to fix it?

I followed the instructions in the manuel.

I pushed the cruise control button located on the left panel next to the steering wheel and a green light illuminated.

Then I drove to a desired speed above 30 mph and pressed the set cruise button I believe it is called.

A green light that says "cruise" shows on the dashboard close to the speedometer.

For some reason it won't keep the speed. It decelerates.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Cruise Control is not working on my 04 Sonata

Is your car still under warranty? If so, take it to a dealer. It should be covered.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM

We purchased 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE last month. The first time we attempted to use the cruise control it would not maintain the set speed, it would slow down. Also, while going down hill the car would pick up speed. We took the car to the dealer today, 7-11-2011, and after test driving the car we were told "that's how it operates". Well, we know thats not true and was told by the dealer service dept that Hyundai knows there is a computer problem and is working on it. We were told we should call back every month to see if they have come up with a fix for the problem.
As I am writing this my wife is informing the dealer that we don't want the car! we spent $25,000 for a car with a defective cruise control that can't be fixed?
I'm looking into California's Lemon Law at the moment. I know for sure we won't be keeping this car!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

So you came here to dig up a 4 year old thread about a 7 year old car just so you can bitch and moan? WOW! Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by hisierraman
The first time we attempted to use the cruise control it would not maintain the set speed, it would slow down.
Ok, scan the modules and see if any DTC stored somewhere.. cruise is funtion of PCM as there is no throttle cable, so PCM picks up and hold throttle open (fly by wire throttle)

Also, while going down hill the car would pick up speed.
Gravity

was told by the dealer service dept that Hyundai knows there is a computer problem and is working on it.
UTTER B/S

We were told we should call back every month to see if they have come up with a fix for the problem.
How about visit a different dealer ?

As I am writing this my wife is informing the dealer that we don't want the car! we spent $25,000 for a car with a defective cruise control that can't be fixed?
Different dealer with somebody that know how to diag a problem, kinda hard to fly like eagle when you working with turkeys

I'm looking into California's Lemon Law at the moment. I know for sure we won't be keeping this car!
Take it to somebody who knows backside from hole in ground.. did they verify your recalls all up to date and done ??