Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Default Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet?

Have been waiting since Dec 2010 and none have shown up in San Diego. I had planned on adding LoJack but I might as well wait for the Blue Link to be added to the Sonata's this Spring.

Tom

Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Default Still waiting for Hybrid with leather

I have been waiting to get a Sonata Hybrid with leather interior. I have been on the waiting list for over 4 weeks, dealer claims there are none in the western states. I am in Utah... There have been a few standard models.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Default I saw 2 of them

I was at a dealer buying an SE Turbo when the delivery trailer came in. The trailer had a blue and white one on it. The front grill was the honey comb look. However I still liked my SE a little better. I didn't get to see inside but I imagin they were loaded. Anyway while I was sitting there waiting to finish the paper work. I watched them unload when two guys walked in and bought them at sticker price. They noticed them while driving down the highway and followed the truck. They were purchased before the guy could get them off the truck. The dealer said that was the first hybrids they had seen and they were on the lot for about an hour. The guys didn't even test drive them. If the gas prices keep going up, you will never get a chance to buy one.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:46 PM

I saw a Hybrid Sonata at a dealer in SE Portland, Oregon, a couple of weeks ago.

None

Old 05-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Default 2011 Sonata Hybrid Premium Package

Name:  DSCN0355.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  46.2 KB

My salesman at Frank Hyundai in San Diego called this morning (April 29) and said my Silver Premium Hybrid just came in. It took me about 20 minutes to get there and claim it.
I managed to get $1,000 ($500 current Hyundai owner, $500 military vet) off the $31,780. Didn't want to haggle anymore as this was the only premium
they had along with one other silver base model. We do mostly hilly city driving so far and only get 28-29 MPG. Other people like in Texas are reporting about 40-45 MPG
on flat highway driving. There is a problem that causes the check engine light to come on that seems to be attributed to (Small EVAP System Leak) code is P0456
recommend replace NVLD Sensor.. This is causing about a 10 MPG loss in fuel economy. Hyundai is aware of the problem and has a new part
being shipped to those who need it. So far with about 550 miles no problems yet. It is truly a joy to drive and is super quiet on the road.

We have people coming up to us and saying that this is such a beautiful car. I couldn't agree more as the Hyundai Sonata
designer team has designed one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. The inside attention to detail and craftsmanship
is as nice as the exterior. I think we got a bargain but thats what Hyundai is all about showing Honda and Toyota that they
can beat them in quality and price. I tried to buy stock in Hyundai back in Jan 2009 but they only traded on the Korean
Stock Exchange. Another one I was trying to buy was Vizio TV but it was a private company so i settled on stock in Apple.

Enjoy the Slide Show

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4339091...06749233/show/

Last edited by fishnrib; 05-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:26 PM

We had them for couple week now..

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet?-pict1540.jpg   Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet?-pict1545.jpg  
Old 05-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Smile My new Hybrid

I've had a Sonata Hybrid for about a month now. It was the first one the dealership had even seen, and I don't think they have received another one so far. They seem to be in heavy demand and/or short supply around the country.

I'm averaging 38 MPG according to the car's calculations, and that includes some mountain driving.

I got the standard trim package, and I am quite pleased with it. The car is comfortable and quiet and very well finished inside and out. I have had two problems so far--1) the outside temperature either doesn't function at all or it reads 140 degrees, and 2) the BlueTooth no longer recognizes my Verizone phone, as it did initially. Now it only finds the phone about 1 in 25 times. This seems to be a wide-spread problem among Sonatas (not just Hybrids) according to the Forum, and I hope Hyundai is working on it.

The outside temperature sensor is a problem because it seems to affect the way the climate control works in the car. It tries to deliver A/C when heat is being called for. I'll get it back to the dealership (60 miles away) when I get a chance to see what they can do.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Default Sonata Hybrid Premium

I have been waiting on the hybrid for all year. I live in Chicago western suburbs and have not seen any Sonata Hybrid Premium models. I ordered a silver one from dealer on 6/5 and they can not tell when it will arrive - no allotments. The dealer has 3 of the standard models for a few weeks now.

Any one know why the premium model is not shipping?

Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Smile I have my Sonata Hybrid with Premium package

After waiting over 10 weeks, I now have the Sonata Hybrid with the premium package. I picked it up last night. I test drove the standard hybrid, I am glad that I waited for this one with the premium package. I love the dual sunroof, leather seats. I heard the preimium packages are finally shipping.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Default Hybrid from Cleveland Area

I purchased a Sonata Hybrid standard model from Rick Case in Bedford OH. After 1000 miles the car remains suberb. My impressions of the car are:
Appearance - the striking lines and sleek contours evoked completments from my friends and family. The car even turned the heads of parking attendants and co-workers in the parking lot.
Ride - The ride is very smooth, yet controlled. The car absorbs road bumps, which are aplenty in Cleveland, yet maintains excellent control and feel in curves and during avoidance maneuvers. Braking is very sure and controlled - the regenerative braking system that recharges the battery does not compromise function. In an emergency braking situation the car braked without pulling to either side and I felt in full control of the car. I had read prior owner comments that earlier Sonatas tended to pull to the left. I have not experienced any tendency for the car to pull to one side during driving or braking. I have driven about 1,000 miles. So far the tires have good gripping and are quiet.
Interior - The interior is very well appointed. The switches are where they should be and they are easily accessable. The car is designed to enable the driver to keep an eye on the road at all times. The standard Bluetooth enables the driver to keep vision on the road while receiving and making calls, The voice interface enables you to utilize the phonebook from your phone to conveniently make calls. The head, leg, hip and shoulder room are excellent. The access for entering and leaving the care are also excellent - this was particularly important for me because with knees that do not bend well, I need a car to have a large entry profile. The motorized driver seat is extremely comfortable and its controls are intuitive.
FueL economy - I am getting 40-42 mpg in city driving and 45+ on the highway. The car will cruise using the electric motor up to about 60 mph, albeit for about a mile or so before engaging the gas engine to run the car and recharge the battery. The instrument display enables one to learn how to drive more economically.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a Sonata Hybrid yet?