Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

08 Sonata, locking with the remote

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Default 08 Sonata, locking with the remote

Hi guys:
What is the normal reaction when locking with the remote?

I am chasing a parasitic draw and found that the hood switch did not operate because a rubber bumper is missing.
Without that bumper the car locked without flashing the amber lights and without a chirp of the horn.

I rigged up a bumper for the switch and now the car locks and the amber lights flash. Upon pressing the lock button a second time the amber lights flash and the horn chirps. Is that how it should be?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-23-2018, 02:43 PM

I figured it out. NovaResource responded to similar questions before.

Press "lock" once and the amber light emit a flash without a beep of the horn. Press "lock" again and the amber lights flash and the horn makes a beep.

If you press "lock" and the amber lights don't flash then a door, the trunk lid or the hood are not closed or the sensor does not send the message to the computer. In that case the computer tries to boot up the alarm system repeatedly until the battery is drained. In my case the rubber bumper that actuates the switch for the hood is missing. I rigged something up and it works correctly now.