Help! I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata and the A/C & Heater only works intermittently - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:47 PM

Question Help! I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata and the A/C & Heater only works intermittently

Hello There Hyundais Folks!

I could really use some friendly Hyundai advice right now....

I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited Edition, approaching 110,000 miles. Car works great, Except..... the air blower doesn't function correctly. If I had to guess it sounds like an electrical issue. Cause I can hear the motor running in the background when I turn the AC or Heater on, it is just that their is no air being blown thru the vents.

And wouldn't you have it, when I bring it to the dealership is surprisingly works. When I literally pull out of the dealership it stops working. (Ok I am exaggerating just a bit, but it does stop working on and off and when of course I am far enough away from the dealership it doesn't work either). The dealer says that they can't diagnose the issue if it is operable and appears to be nothing wrong with it.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions what can be done? I am in no way shape or form a mechanic, so definetly let me know in layman's terms if you can offer up any advice.

Thank you in advance for any support.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:10 PM

Eric81975

Did you resolve your problem? This sounds exactly like the issue I had today with my 2012 Tuscan. During a trip from PA to SC, air flow from any location began to reduce to a barely detectable level even when the blower was on high (could hear the blower running). After 20-30 minutes the air flow returned and was fine for about 2 hours. Then the air flow stopped again. This seems like some sort of vacuum leak in the damper control circuits. Anyone out there with suggestions?