Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

hyundai ran through a puddle and wont start now i need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Default hyundai ran through a puddle and wont start now i need help

okay i have a 1997 hyundai sonata 1.8L.Im from Ireland and i cant get any help with this problem, i had no choice but to drive through a flooded road and after i did the car started chucking like i was in the wrong gear and then it cut out and wouldnt start so i called my roadside assistance and the mechanic said i got engine parts wet so anyway he told me to leave it for 30 mins then start it so i did and it was fine everything was working fine then two days later i was driving to the shop on a dry day and it happened again on a very busy road i had to push it off the road but i called roadside assistance again and the mechanic towed it to my house and told me the plug leads and distributor cap was damaged from the flood i had driven through so i have bought both brand new and replaced them and it still will not start. it is definately not the battery as i have lights on my dash and the radio works, my headlights work , it tries to start but after it makes that noise that means the car is tryin to start but wont it does nothing. all the electrics still work but nothing else, im running out of ideas with this car and money hyundai parts are not cheap here so i cant keep changing parts ***** nilly lol but i just want someone to tell me if my engine is destroyed or if anyone has a possible solution that would be just fantastic as i love this car. Any suggestions will be great thanks