Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   New Owner Questions (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/new-owner-questions-8218/)

codejockey 04-19-2010 09:30 AM

New Owner Questions

Hello all, I'm new here, and I'm new to Hyundais, so I've got a couple of basic questions. I bought a new-to-me 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited this weekend with 8300 miles on it.

1. The seats are gray, and the carpet is a fairly dark gray. It didn't come with factory floor mats, which drives me crazy. I'd like order some new factory original mats, but I want to make sure I get the right ones. The options are Gray, Beige, and Black. I'm not sure if gray means light gray or dark gray. If it's dark gray, I'm sure thats what I need. If it's light gray, then I'm guessing black is what I need. The mats that were in there were just cheap generic mats that were black, and those are definitely darker than the carpet. Any help is appreciated.
  2. On the center console, there is a hole near the shifter for the shifter lock release. Should there be a plastic trim piece in there to cover the hole? I would think there is.
  3. Is there a way to pause a CD? It seems incredible to me that you can't but if you can, I don't see the button. I don't have the nav unit, just the multi-cd radio.
Thanks again for taking the time on these beginner questions.

EDIT: I should add, these are the floor mats I was thinking of ordering: Floor Mats. If anyone knows of a better source, that would be appreciated as well.

sbr711 04-19-2010 11:16 AM

Appears price for mats is :

08140-3K011-QS (Grey) CARPET FLOOR MAT $49.59, the rest is shipping/handling, add local sales tax if you purchase at local Hyundai dealer.

I went and visual a set, they is a light grey color, 4 piece set.

ken99 04-20-2010 12:28 AM

Welcome to the forum. I think sbr711 has answered the mat color question.

Originally Posted by codejockey (Post 27856)
On the center console, there is a hole near the shifter for the shifter lock release. Should there be a plastic trim piece in there to cover the hole? I would think there is.

Yes, there should be a plastic insert with what looks like a screwdriver slot in it. See page 2-10 of your owners manual.

Originally Posted by codejockey (Post 27856)
Is there a way to pause a CD? It seems incredible to me that you can't but if you can, I don't see the button. I don't have the nav unit, just the multi-cd radio.

Push the volume knob in to pause. You say "yes, but that turns the power off". I agree but the CD is paused and will resume when you power the unit back up. There is a mute button that turns off the sound, but otherwise no dedicated pause for the CD. Be thankful, very thankful, you do not have the Nav unit. They were POS devices in the 2009 model from everyone I know who owns one.

codejockey 04-20-2010 07:30 AM

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the assistance.

codejockey 04-21-2010 08:57 AM

Well, I went to the dealer yesterday. They had my floormats on sale for 92.00 in stock (last set), so I picked them up and the missing little trim piece that I had in my Sonata that covers the shiftlock release hole on the center console. Well, actually, I ordered that, and it will be in today. I also found that I'm missing the red plastic piece that covers the positive battery terminal on the battery. I know thats anal, but I'm going to pick one of those up when I get to the dealer today if they have any. Thanks again for all the help. I also got it tinted, and once the bubbles disperse (the guy said about a week, it will look fantastic!