Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   New Sonata.....Red Pulsing Light On Dash (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/new-sonata-red-pulsing-light-dash-7146/)

wee-haggis 09-12-2009 02:21 PM

New Sonata.....Red Pulsing Light On Dash

I just bought a new Sonata and I noticed that when I park the car in the garage (and leave the doors unlocked),there is a little red pulsing light on top of the dash. I'm not sure what the purpose of this light is.
Thanks

dsgrntldPW 09-12-2009 07:19 PM

If it like our '06 Sonata, it comes on whenever the key is off, whether the doors are locked or not. Seems to be sort of an alarm status indicator, whether you have the alarm system or not. Good camoflauge.

wee-haggis 09-13-2009 06:50 AM

Thanks dsgrntldPW . Thats good to know.
I'm just learning the ins and outs of this car.
Can I ask one other question.
Am I correct in saying, to lock the four doors of the car requires one push of the key fob button?
(with previous cars it was 2 pushes with the second having a horn beep).
Thanks again

dsgrntldPW 09-13-2009 11:12 PM

With our '06 one push of the button on the key FOB locks ALL the doors, and flashes the lights. A second push will beep the horn and flash the lights again, but does nothing additional to the doors. For unlocking, one push on the FOB unlocks drivers door, second push unlocks passenger doors. I had the dealer set the door locks to engage automatically when the car reached around 15 mph., but newer models may have this as a standard feature.

NovaResource 09-14-2009 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by wee-haggis (Post 24394)
I just bought a new Sonata...

Originally Posted by wee-haggis (Post 24405)
I'm just learning the ins and outs of this car.

Did your Sonata come with an owners manual?

wee-haggis 09-14-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsgrntldPW (Post 24418)
With our '06 one push of the button on the key FOB locks ALL the doors, and flashes the lights. A second push will beep the horn and flash the lights again, but does nothing additional to the doors. For unlocking, one push on the FOB unlocks drivers door, second push unlocks passenger doors. I had the dealer set the door locks to engage automatically when the car reached around 15 mph., but newer models may have this as a standard feature.

thanks again,
I appreciate your time.

wee-haggis 09-14-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource (Post 24421)
Did your Sonata come with an owners manual?

Lol !....yes its about the size of War And Peace !
I'm up to about 1/3 of the book and since I found this terrific forum I thought I would ask the questions ( I believe this is what they are for ?).
I'm pleased to see that there are several helpful folk like dsgrntldPW.
Once I finish the book and become more familiar with the vehicle,maybe I can help someone.