Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   P0880 code on 2010 sonata gls 2.4l (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/p0880-code-2010-sonata-gls-2-4l-17296/)

sallen8201 10-24-2018 05:48 PM

P0880 code on 2010 sonata gls 2.4l

I have a code P0880 on my 2010 that the local dealer had for a week then told me they should not be looking at it because it's to old. I have been unable to find any troubleshooting for this code online. I understand it's a power problem to the TCM. I have checked the fuses and tried another relay but have no change. Transmission still stuck in 3rd gear (limp home mode I guess) Can anyone help me with the location of the TCM? Is it incorporated with the ECM in the engine compartment or is it incorporated with the PCM? If anyone can guide me to troubleshooting or wiring diagrams I would really appreciate it.

Michael Onofre 11-01-2018 10:20 PM

I believe the TCM is inside the transmission. I had this problem awhile ago one of my other sonatas. I ended up just replacing the transmission because I could get a used tranny for like $300. I'm not 100% sure on this thought. Ill try find out and get back to you though. What wiring diagrams are you looking for?

allegretto 11-02-2018 06:12 AM

Here is a step by step for an '08 Sonata. Maybe it works for the '10 as well:

sallen8201 11-02-2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Onofre (Post 55109)
I believe the TCM is inside the transmission. I had this problem awhile ago one of my other sonatas. I ended up just replacing the transmission because I could get a used tranny for like $300. I'm not 100% sure on this thought. Ill try find out and get back to you though. What wiring diagrams are you looking for?

I'm looking for any information I can get at this point. I sure hope the TCM isn't in the transmission. I have posted on three forums and have only had one other response that pretty much said what I have already done. I have purchased an ECM for 28.00 but it won't be here until Nov 7th. I'm gonna try it and hope for the best.

allegretto 11-02-2018 03:50 PM

I seriously doubt that the TCM is inside the transmission. What you find there are the shift solenoids.

I have to admit that the search is confusing. Peaple use PCM and TCM interchangeably when they talk about Hyundai and Kia. Others call it the ECM And some refer to it as "the computer".

This is the best i could find:

Asad 10-09-2021 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by sallen8201 (Post 55117)
I'm looking for any information I can get at this point. I sure hope the TCM isn't in the transmission. I have posted on three forums and have only had one other response that pretty much said what I have already done. I have purchased an ECM for 28.00 but it won't be here until Nov 7th. I'm gonna try it and hope for the best.

did you get the solution for the issue? I am facing the problem right now for 2009 hyundai sonata gas

hanky 10-10-2021 01:02 PM

Does your vehicle contain an Immobilizer function (security System) ?
If so you may cause addl problems if the replacement ECM is not programmed to your particular vehicle. What sometimes happens is, the replacement is installed without being programmed and now the security system will not recognize the new ECM and prevents the vehicle from starting. Then if you reinstall the original ECM the system becomes confused and will not start with the old ECM either.

You might want to verify all this with your local Hyundai service dept.