Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2011 Hyundai GLS laser cut key question - please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Default 2011 Hyundai GLS laser cut key question - please help

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Hi All,

My ex is not paying for the vehicle and therefore negatively impacting both our credit scores. I want to take the car from her so that I can resume payments. The fastest way of doing it is making a key so I can retrieve the car from her residence without any type of drama - Just go at night and take the vehicle and send her a text saying I am taking the car so she doesn't think it's stolen. My name is also on the title (I bought car, she co-signed), so I went to Hyundai and got a spare laser cut key that will work to open and turn the car on (that is what 2 hyundai dealerships told me after I provided them the VIN of the vehicle).

My question is, will the key affect the security alarm? The car is a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS (Base Model) and It seemed to not have any additional features added to it other than what the Base model brings for the 2011 GLS. I bought the car used so I am unsure if with the laser cut key I have will work for me to go to her house and take the car successfully OR do I need a FOB and have to get the car towed to the dealership? The lady at the dealership could not tell me for sure, so I wanted to ask on here.

Not sure if this will help, but the car even came standard with hubcaps rims, so it has to be the cheapest base model of the GLS.

Thanks in advance!