Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Sonata 2011 Turbo Check Engine Light (Misfire)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Angry Sonata 2011 Turbo Check Engine Light (Misfire)

My car is a Hyundai Sonata 2011 SE Turbo 2.0. I have about 24,000 miles on it and alot of them are highway miles. I have been complaining about this car two months after a got it. First was the transmission jerk the car at about 60 and than went into safe mode. Then started the check engine lights and jerking down the road. I can not count how many times I have had a check engine light come on and it is was always a misfire code. I can feel this car misfiring as I drive down the highway..."all the time" and I can really hear the misfiring in the morning when I start it up. I have had it two different dealerships and no one can fix it. They first told that they didn't beleive me. I gave them a bad review and now they don't send me surveys anymore. They also got pissed at me the following visit after the survey. WTH with that? I have giving up now. I have had four checking engine lights within last two months...they will go offf after a few days. I know it is the misfire code again because I can feel it as I am driving down the road. Is anyone else having the same problems? I am about ready to trade is lemon off...not sure about Hydraudai at this moment.