Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   spare tire (donut) (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/spare-tire-donut-15619/)

fritz 08-28-2015 01:16 PM

spare tire (donut)

just bought a 2015 Sonata. can anyone recommend where I can buy a spare tire (donut)? Can't believe I was given a pump as a substitute. How am I going to rotate tires without a spare? thanks

NovaResource 08-29-2015 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by fritz (Post 50347)
How am I going to rotate tires without a spare? thanks

Jack-stands

can anyone recommend where I can buy a spare tire (donut)?

Ebay or junkyard. Hyundai does sell a kit. Not cheap from a dealer but online isn't too bad. The kit comes with the jack and whatnot.
Hyundai Sonata Spare Tire Kit 2015 Model Only C2F40 AC910 | eBay
#C2F40AC910: Hyundai. Spare Tire Kit
C2F40-AC910 - Genuine Hyundai SPARE TIRE KIT
2015 Hyundai Sonata Spare Tire Kit (J074) | Hyundai Sonata Accessories | Hyundai Sonata Parts | Hyundai Shop

NoLimit4 12-27-2015 12:36 PM

just bought a 2015 Sonata. can anyone recommend where I can buy a spare tire (donut)? Can't believe I was given a pump as a substitute. How am I going to rotate tires without a spare? thanks

Fritz,
I bought my 2015 Sonata this past October. I also was surprised that it came with no spare or donut tire. That Spare Tire Kit does include a spare or donut tire. I was able to determine that the spare kit requires a Tire Size T125/80D-16. Has anyone bought one of these? Will they fit in the wheel well trunk area??

WholesaleHyundaiParts 12-31-2015 01:47 PM

We have been selling these spare tire kits ever since Hyundai decided it was a good idea to remove them from vehicles. We started with the Elantra kit and have expanded to many other models. The standard 2015 Sonata was the first non-hybrid Sonata to have a mini-spare kit available. Many websites, like ourselves, offer the kit without the tire so if you purchase this kit you would need to purchase a tire size T125/80/D16, to view this kit click here: Spare Tire Kit. #C2F40AC910. The kit we have on eBay has the tire included and it is mounted on the rim. If you order our eBay kit all you have to do is check the air pressure and put it in the rear of your vehicle. It fits nicely in the cargo area once you remove the Styrofoam. I have had many people ask me about a full size spare option which can be obtained but it tends to be about $200 dollars more and it typically doesn't fit flush in the rear of the vehicle. You can view our complete mini-spare kit on eBay here: 2015 2016 Hyundai Sonata Complete Spare Tire Kit Tire Mounted C2F40 AC910 | eBay. If you all have any other questions about the spare kit just let me know.