Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Sonata (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/)
-   -   Wheel well liner problem (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-sonata-19/wheel-well-liner-problem-12959/)

mmelgar 08-16-2012 06:45 PM

Wheel well liner problem

I've had my 2011 Sonata for a bit over two years. Off and on we have had problems with the front wheel well liners coming lose. When this happens they get pushed back when the cars gets going fast enough and they scrape against the tire. Over time they gradually get chewed up. I have managed to pull over and pop them back into place each time but gradually the problem has gotten worse. Its happened to both the left and right sides. The problem is that if your bumper scrapes one of those concrete blocks in the parking spots the clips get knocked lose and the liner then flaps back against the wheel as you drive.

This seems like poor design to me. Those blocks are every where. Its nearly impossible to avoid scraping over one now and then and it takes very little to knock the clips off. The liners are so damaged now they are going to have to be replaced. Has anyone else had any experience with this? Has Hyundai made any offer to replace them without charge or do they just put the blame on the driver.

cvalentino 05-16-2014 10:06 AM

Wheel Well Liner Problem Thank you for your input as my car is still under warranty a

Originally Posted by mmelgar (Post 43997)
I've had my 2011 Sonata for a bit over two years. Off and on we have had problems with the front wheel well liners coming lose. When this happens they get pushed back when the cars gets going fast enough and they scrape against the tire. Over time they gradually get chewed up. I have managed to pull over and pop them back into place each time but gradually the problem has gotten worse. Its happened to both the left and right sides. The problem is that if your bumper scrapes one of those concrete blocks in the parking spots the clips get knocked lose and the liner then flaps back against the wheel as you drive.

This seems like poor design to me. Those blocks are every where. Its nearly impossible to avoid scraping over one now and then and it takes very little to knock the clips off. The liners are so damaged now they are going to have to be replaced. Has anyone else had any experience with this? Has Hyundai made any offer to replace them without charge or do they just put the blame on the driver.

I recently had the same problem and the dealership is blaming me even though my car is still under warranty. They want up to $200.00 to fix it. Needless to say I am very upset and will think about buying another car where they honor their warranty. It is totally ridiculous.

NovaResource 05-17-2014 02:01 PM

If you hit the block then it IS YOUR FAULT. Hyundai didn't make you damage the liners by driving over the block so they are not require to fix the problem under warranty. Man up an pay for your own bad driving damage.