Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

2000 tibby's rear driver's side sounds like it's coming apart!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Default 2000 tibby's rear driver's side sounds like it's coming apart!

2000 tiburon's rear driver's side sounds like the strut or shock is blown or something stuck in it? not too savvy w/ a wrench and pretty poor on funds lately so trying to troubleshoot before a girl has to go buying parts! thought i'd throw this one out there....also rear brake valve only getting fluid to brakes? that is what the guy who sold it to me in nov. said at least. hmmm....wonder what else is wrong with it...thanks for the anticipated help....[sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=outcold.gif]

Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned
Default RE: 2000 tibby's rear driver's side sounds like it's coming apart!

Have an assistant climb on the rear bumper, and jump up and down to duplicate the action. You might be able to simulate the problem and see what's happening. Might have a broken mount at the top of the strut.

"also rear brake valve only getting fluid to brakes? that is what the guy who sold it to me in nov. said at least." ....????

Could you please try to explaing that again?

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM

oh ok thank you! will try that..in a little more detail it sounds like it's rattling apart on that side and quits when you stop and totally sounds like you fell in a sinkhole everytime you hit a bump, other than that the other wheels seem fine. when i put pressure ontop of the vehichle to see how it reacts in "bounce" the passenger side seems fine but the driver's rear tottally was out of whack like there was no shock at all. as for the "brake valve thingy" the guy who sold it to me said that break fluid only gets to the back brakes sometimes. well, when i looked down there it didn't look like their used at all, basically getting a coat of rust on them. again...thanxxxxx

Old 01-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned

From the HMA site:

"Surface rust on the brake rotors may occur if a vehicle has been parked for several days in an area where corrosive conditions were present. If the rotor surface does rust, the area under the brake pads usually remains rust free. The difference in friction between the rusted and unrusted areas may induce slight brake pedal pulsation, vibration and/or noise for several stops, but will improve as the brake pad friction linings polish the rust off the rotor. Typically, three or four stops will polish the rotor surfaces.[/align]If customers inquire about this condition, it may be explained as a normal occurrence. It does not affect brake performance."

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 06:46 PM.