Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Hyundai Tiburon GS 2008 strange sound with INJEN intake

Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Default Hyundai Tiburon GS 2008 strange sound with INJEN intake

I've got a strange loud sound from the throttle body with INJEN cold air intake installed.
At first, I though the sound comes out of intake itself. But when I disassembled intake manifold (part by part) I realized, the sound comes out of throttle body. Intake just makes it much louder.
The sound itself is not very noticeable (when intake is disassembled). Intake acts like an amplifier, so the sound becomes louder

Does anybody know what can cause such type of noise?

Here is video link: youtu.be/_M6UrYuiu1s

Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

I can't see the video but it's probably normal. If it's a growling or roaring sound, that's totally normal. That's the sound of the air going through the system. Stock air boxes are designed to quiet that sound. That's why they are restrictive and a CAI will create more power.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
I can't see the video but it's probably normal. If it's a growling or roaring sound, that's totally normal. That's the sound of the air going through the system. Stock air boxes are designed to quiet that sound. That's why they are restrictive and a CAI will create more power.
Well, I would say it is more hum sound rather than roaring.. And you are right, it is air flow sound - when I close CAI with my hand - sound disappears. I just need to make sure I'm not the only one who get this sound and nothing is wrong with the engine

Btw, you can try this link to see the video
youtube.com/watch?v=_M6UrYuiu1s

Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM

Some motors are rather noisy once you cut out the intake duct work. I got something very similar when I swapped the GF's Stratus RT to cold air. The intake makes a great deal more noise. Its even more pronounced when the engine is cold and choking itself. It quiets some once it warms up but still is considerably louder than with the stock intake. If your not experiencing and issues I would say the noise is perfectly normal.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:18 AM

I have the same set up and it sounds just like yours, 5,000 miles and just more power and better mileage.