Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

More sound from stock sub

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Default More sound from stock sub

the stock subwoofer in 2003 tibby can be rewired so that you can have ton of bass and better sound overall, all you have to do is take out the sub, the plug on the sub has four wires two on left and two on right, take the ones on left (green and black) and swap them( bottom wire goes on top and top goes on bottom) same with right side wires, instant boost of sound, and if you get pulled over for loud stereo you can tell the cop to beat it caz you have stock sound system even pop the trunk and show it to him, heres the link to see instructions on how to switch wires.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44

oh by the way next link is so usefull to do all the mods on tibby

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Default RE: More sound from stock sub

Eventhough it will give you more base, the sub wasn't designed for that.By doing that, you are changing the ohms, witch is putting more of a load on the sub, and all your going to do is blow the voice coil in the sub. I don't think you would get pulled over from your 'factory' system, I have 3000watts going into just my subs, and I have never been pulled over. I guess it depends on where you live, and how big of dicks the cops are!!

Later
Stacey