running hotter plugs ruined my ignition module?? - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM

Default running hotter plugs ruined my ignition module??

so here is my dilemma...my fiance's car recently started stuttering when sher stomped on the gas (99 hyundai tiburon) we took it to the dealership
(10yr 100k mile drivetrain warranty). they tell her one of the cylinders are misfiring and that the ignition module is shot. their reason for the module failure is that i am running european plugs which run hotter than stock. i did the tune up myself a year or so ago. long story short will running hotter plugs cause an ignition module failure???

thanks,
nebur[/align]
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 AM

Default RE: running hotter plugs ruined my ignition module??

Your dealer is playing you for a fool. See the problem with dealers is they jump all over non- OEM parts and blame whatever goes wrong with the car on that. I've had it happen to me several times already and my car only has 16,000miles on it. I have Denso Iridium plugs and my plugs have done nothing to my car negative.