Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tucson (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-tucson-24/)
-   -   '05 have bad fuel system? (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-tucson-24/05-have-bad-fuel-system-8942/)

weavejd 08-26-2010 02:08 PM

'05 have bad fuel system?

My wife took her '05 Tucson into the dealer because it was mis-firing and the check engine light had come on.
Dealer claimed the fuel system was totally clogged. We didn't believe him so went in to look at the parts. The fuel rails were incredibly clogged with a hard material and so were the injectors.
The vehicle only has 45000 miles on it. Cost to repair $800.00! Ouch! What's up that the fuel filter(s) didn't catch this crud? It was ALWAYS serviced at dealerships.
The story gets better, tho.
Car was supposed to be repaired by a Tuesday afternoon. That day, dealer calls and says "Sorry, we set your car on fire"! WTF!?!
Car was sitting in their lot with injectors and plugs pulled and setting on block. Someone at dealership goes out to move it and poof, gasoline and spark freely open in engine compartment = combustion!
After 4 weeks and still no car, we go to check on it - it's still in pieces.
At this point we don't want the car, but what can we do? Hyundai corporate says "Too bad, so sad" - "The dealer will fix it as good as new". Yeah, right.
Dealer service guy says Tucsons have inherent fuel system defect. Anyone else have issues with the fuel system on your car?

NovaResource 08-26-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by weavejd (Post 30448)
Dealer service guy says Tucsons have inherent fuel system defect.

Total bull.

sbr711 08-26-2010 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by weavejd (Post 30448)
My wife took her '05 Tucson into the dealer because it was mis-firing and the check engine light had come on.
Dealer claimed the fuel system was totally clogged. We didn't believe him so went in to look at the parts. The fuel rails were incredibly clogged with a hard material and so were the injectors.
The vehicle only has 45000 miles on it. Cost to repair $800.00! Ouch! What's up that the fuel filter(s) didn't catch this crud? It was ALWAYS serviced at dealerships.
The story gets better, tho.
Car was supposed to be repaired by a Tuesday afternoon. That day, dealer calls and says "Sorry, we set your car on fire"! WTF!?!
Car was sitting in their lot with injectors and plugs pulled and setting on block. Someone at dealership goes out to move it and poof, gasoline and spark freely open in engine compartment = combustion!
After 4 weeks and still no car, we go to check on it - it's still in pieces.
At this point we don't want the car, but what can we do? Hyundai corporate says "Too bad, so sad" - "The dealer will fix it as good as new". Yeah, right.
Dealer service guy says Tucsons have inherent fuel system defect. Anyone else have issues with the fuel system on your car?

I wanna see this !!!

What is the material ??

Gots pictures ??