Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

2005 Tucson - Immobilizer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Default 2005 Tucson - Immobilizer!!!

Hi, the immibilizer on my Tucson (2005)RHD has an intermitant fault!!
whenever you need to get just about anywhere urgently it will lock the vehicle in that in car icon flashes, and thats your lot.
Does anyone know of a silver bullet, wooden stake or variety of garlic which will disable it? I should prefer the risk of it getting stolen just to know that I can rely on it starting when I need it. The log book is not a lot of help, although there are about three unconected sections that skirt qround the topic.
can I immobilise the immobiliser? That is the question???
On a brighter note, we used her to go skiing in the Pyrannes last inter.... what a fabulous drive in snowy, twisty, climbing swooping countryside! I finshed every trip with a watermelon smile!

Old 06-09-2018, 11:27 PM

Not too knowledgeable about this
But, have heard that the antenna that goes around the key just needs
To be cleaned and may be soldered to make good connection

Wish you luck

Old 06-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Default Response to advice.

Hi, thanks for your input, had noticed a bit of recent damage to key-fob, a sliver of the plastic has come adtift diwn one side anlong the join.
will give it a go along thise lines and report back.
Many thanks, Pugwash.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Default Immobiliser

On closer inspection both key-fobs are a bit damaged around thr joint. One locks n inlocks and the other just locks. Neither disable immobiliser. Will try clean up n new batteries, then maybe replace fobs.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:16 AM

Thanks for the update.
Hope you find the fix

Old 06-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Default Immobiliser woes

Hi, inserted new batteries + face down as per manual, although the others were in the other way up, Ha that's the problem. Marched out to car - absolutely nothing with either fob. Swapped bateries around, worked as previously - one fob locks n unlocks, the other just locks, immobiliser still immobilising.
will have a beer and think about it.
Regards, Pugwash.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:53 PM

Hi

I think I'm having a problem with the immobilizer on my Hyundai Tucson 2005 as well, mine is acting up a bit differently than yours though.

As I understand, yours will stop you from starting the car sometimes after it has been parked for some time right?

Mine suddenly kicks in while I'm driving and wont let me start the car again until I've waited about 10-15 minutes.

The immobilizer light on the dash lights up and I've had a mechanic have a look and run diagnostics on the car while it happened and he confirmed it seems to be the immobilizer, but he's not sure how to fix it without reprogramming the brain to disable the immobilizer completely (something he's tried once, but wasn't able to remove completely it seems, he doesn't usually work with the brain on cars so maybe someone who usually works with that kind of stuff will have more luck).

What I'm wondering is if you found a solution to your problem?
Maybe it's simpler than reprogramming the brain.

Old 03-19-2024, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by John Inge Frantzen
Hi

I think I'm having a problem with the immobilizer on my Hyundai Tucson 2005 as well, mine is acting up a bit differently than yours though.

As I understand, yours will stop you from starting the car sometimes after it has been parked for some time right?

Mine suddenly kicks in while I'm driving and wont let me start the car again until I've waited about 10-15 minutes.

The immobilizer light on the dash lights up and I've had a mechanic have a look and run diagnostics on the car while it happened and he confirmed it seems to be the immobilizer, but he's not sure how to fix it without reprogramming the brain to disable the immobilizer completely (something he's tried once, but wasn't able to remove completely it seems, he doesn't usually work with the brain on cars so maybe someone who usually works with that kind of stuff will have more luck).

What I'm wondering is if you found a solution to your problem?
Maybe it's simpler than reprogramming the brain.
Having exactly the same problem and still haven't found the answer.. Tuscon 2004..