Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

new but I have questions?? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Default new but I have questions?? Please help

I have a tuscan and all of a sudden the air bag light comes on when the vehicle gets warm ( cold winters here) not only that they tell me I have to have the A/C light on when the heater is running so the windows dont fog up? Maybe its me but that just does not make sense haveing the A/C on with the heat? Can someone help me understand this please.The Tuscan is only a 2006 and we have had it for6 months. Ok someone from another help forum just explained about the A/C but the air bag light coming on when the car heats up is still a mystery.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new but I have questions?? Please help

The Air Bag light has nothing to do with cold weather. If the light is on, the dealer needs to find out what is wrong with your air bag system and FIX it!

As for the AC coming on, it does so when you are defrost only (not heat). There are two reasons for this: 1) to operate the AC system during the winter to keep the seals lubed so you don't develop any leaks, and 2) to dry out the air that is sprayed onto your windshield to help it defrost better. It doesn't work like that on all cars, but it is very common to be rigged that way.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM

On climate controlled cars, selecting the windshield "defroster" mode turns on the A/C, open the fresh air vents and activates the heater all automatically. The A/C is cooling, but in this case, mostly serving to dehumidify the air before it's warmed back up to clear the windshield. It appears the degree of cooling and warming are dependent on the ambient air temperature, which the climate control can sense. Much above freezing and I don't think the heater serves as much function, simply dehumidifying the air seems to work fine as a defogger. Look up "defroster/defogger" in the index of your owner's manual for the car.

Follow Doohickie's advice and have the air bag error checked by a Hyundai dealer. It will likely be a warrenty or recall repair at no cost to you.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Thank you both for the information I did call the dealer as you both said and I am taking it in this Friday but believe it or not they did say its because of the change in our weather. I was also told not to worry about it unless the light starts to flash.Looks like I might be in for on interesting Friday.

[&:]

Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

The Air Bag light needs to be fixed. Period. That is a safety item, and they mention how thoroughly you will sue them if they feed you a line of BS and then you or a passenger gets injured in a collision because the Air Bag was messed up. This is serious business.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM

Well I took it in and they did not charge me for fixing the air bag light they said it was connected to a sensoror something like that on the passenger side? what ever they did so far so good however the back windshield wiper was not working so they cleaned up some bolt and put a new wiper on and so far that is working too that cost me 61.00 10 for the wiper and the rest for the 1/2 hr labour and taxes Warrenty and extended warrenty dont add up to much at all any more.

Thank you for you help it was greatly appreciated.