Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Please Help! 2006 Tucson Keeps Stalling-Dealer No Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Default Please Help! 2006 Tucson Keeps Stalling-Dealer No Help

Hello,

I have a serious problem .I have a 2006 Tucson that keeps stalling when you are either slowing down or making a turn. All the dash lightscome on and the vehicle stalls out. The car will sometimes surge or shakes before stalling and you can feel the transmission downshift hard before it stalls.You can start the vehicle back up again after it stalls. The vehicle will stall at least 10 times a day. I've had the car to the dealer 6 times and they told me ,well no codes come up so there's nothing wrong with the car. This isa very dangerous situation because sometimes my wife has our 3year old in the car withher when the car stalls andshe lose's all steering. I'm afraid of an accident. The dealer is no help and can't correct the problem.

What could it be or what should I do?

Please any info would be appreciated
Thank You

Old 08-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Please Help! 2006 Tucson Keeps Stalling-Dealer No Help

Have you been able to repeat the symptoms for the dealer? If so, there is no way they can say "there is nothing wrong with the car"! Call the Hyundai Customer Service number in your owners manual. Also, if there is one nearby, try a different dealer.

It sounds like a loose electrical connection. On my Elantra there is a fuse in the engine compartment labeled "SNSR" that controls all the fuel and engine control sensors. Make sure that fuse is in all the way.

Also, sometimes random stalling ofa Hyundai can be due to a bad crankshaft position sensor. If that sensor is bad, the engine shuts down but won't necessarily throw a code.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

I had a similar problem with a previous car. The problem was the lock-up converter was not unlocking so when it came to a stop, it would stall the engine. The problem only happened if the converter locked up which only happens after sustained high gear driving. Around town, the converter didn't lock so it would not stall but if I could get the converter to lock while driving, then when I stopped it stalled.

Make sure the dealer is getting your Tuscon up to speed high enough to lock the convreter and then have him stop. If they are just driving around the block, the converter won't lock and the problem won't appear.

Tell them to check theTorque Converter Clutchsolenoid (TCC). Here are 2 TSB's that might help (there may be others):
TSB # 02-40-007
TSB # 05-40-006-2

Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Hi,

Thanks so much for the replies. I have Hyundai involved and now the service rep from Hyundia is going to the dealer. I will let you know the outcome

Thanks so much

Old 07-26-2008, 12:54 PM
CJ

Please tell me what the dealer decided was the problem with your car. I am having these exact problems with my car. The dealership claims they cannot duplicate the problem. They had it for two days. I have had it back from them for less than twenty four hours and it has done it eight times, three of those times in the dealership parking lot. Please, please help.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:57 PM
CJ

I'm sorry. Mine is also a 06' Hyundai Tucson.

The condition is frightening and extremely frustrating.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 PM

I have the same issue with my 06 Tucson and again my deal said no error code with the issue. Any one got it fixed at the end and it seems many people are reporting the same issue?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Have been fighting the same problem for over a year and getting nowhere. Have contacted Hyundai Customer Service and have a case open. Dealer and Hyundai rep' have not been able to duplicate the problem so, in their opinion, it does not exist. I keep getting the "If we can't duplicate it we can't fix it" line. I have asked Hyundai to take the car back and they refuse to unless they can duplicate the problem AND are unable to fix it.

PLEASE, if you are having this problem report it to Hyundai Customer Service, get a case number, and post it here. Then, report it to the NTSB...This is a MAJOR safety issue. If there are enough reports we may get someone's attention. If nothing else, having other case numbers will take away Hyundai's "I've never heard of that problem" excuse.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:35 PM
kwl

have those of you that have reported problems had them resolved? I have an 06 Tucson and have had 2 stalls in the last 2 months. Mine has stalled in approach to a red light and while turning. Nothing else happens and no light stay on. I haven't brought it to the dealer yet, but after coming across this thread called them and asked if it was a known problem and told "not necessarily". Not sure what that means but I have a way to get my codes checked before going to the dealer.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:07 AM

I have the same problem with my 2006 tucson. The dealership is no help! Has anyone found out what is wrong???

Quick Reply: Please Help! 2006 Tucson Keeps Stalling-Dealer No Help