Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Roof rack cross bars for 2011 Tucson

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Default Roof rack cross bars for 2011 Tucson

This is only my second posting to the forum and I greatly appreciate the responses to my first posting---Homelink rearview mirror. VERY HELPFUL!!!

My 2011 Tucson Limited is only one week old and I already have traveling plans for it. It has roof rails but I suppose I also need cross bars to strap down any type of rooftop carrier bag---even the softside ones with a tiedown netting??? I don't know--never had a vehicle with roof rails before. Can anyone advise on whether there is a universal brand that fits this particular model? Hyundai Canada lists cross rails for the Tucson at $296.95 but for the GLS only. I don't want to spend quite that much if there is an alternative.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:37 PM

I'm kinda surprised it didn't come with the cross rails at time of purchase. I am going to guess that the only place to buy them would be the dealer. I also don't see how the cross bars for the GLS could be different from the limited... They use the same roof rails...

Old 06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Default Any answers

Did you resolve your issue?
I am looking at the Limited & was told that due to sun roofs you cant have a roof rack.
Any thoughts
Thanks

Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Default Roof rails

Thanks for replying. No I haven't resolved my issue, but I haven't checked since last year what aftermarket accessories have been added either. My 2011 Tucson Limited does not have a sunroof though. The special panoramic sunroof is part of a Premium Package option; so for that, NO roof rails are installed. Without the sunroof, it comes with factory-installed rails along the roof sides---so attaching cross-bars at the front and back to hold a luggage rack would have to be added later. I've been seeing more and more 2011s though, so I'll look again into various accessories.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Former Site Vendor
Default Tucson Cross Rails Correct Fitment

Hey guys! Noticed you've been having a few problems figuring out the OEM Hyundai Tucson Cross Rail fitment. To address the issue, the Cross Rails will most certainly fit ALL trim levels. Only requirement is that your Tucson has the OEM Side Rails equipped to it and there is no Sunroof. I believe all Tucson's come equipped with the Side Rails unless there's a sunroof attached anyways.

So, if you're interested in getting a set, come visit our site and use the promo code "codehf" to get an additional 10% off the subtotal of your purchase! It's pretty easy to navigate on the site. Just click on your vehicle on the left side of the page, click your year, and click on any category product to see what accessories are available.

But any who, here's a direct link to the 2010 and 2011 (probably 2012 when it comes out, too) Hyundai Tucson Cross Rails.