Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Safety-auto reverse power window troubleshoot

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 06:54 PM
Default Safety-auto reverse power window troubleshoot

2012 Tucson. Driver's window. New main switch and motor. Correct parts bought using VIN number. Would anyone know how to trouble shoot? There is a 6 wire plug at the motor, anyone know what each color is? Which colors at the switch go to the diver's door? I am getting nothing, no clicking. All other windows work. Checked Left and right power window fuses and safety window fuse. Showing power with test light on one wire at motor(light is red, not green). Not sure where to go from here. Thank you.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:34 PM

Did you ever get this problem fixed?

Old 05-28-2019, 06:37 PM

No, I did not. I am thinking it is the connector that plugs into the motor. I see a little corrosion. I can't find the plug for sale, I will try a junkyard, and post if that fixes the problem.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:50 PM

It is not uncommon for wires in the tubing at the door hinge area to break . If you have power coming into the switch, you should get power to another wire coming out of the switch when operated. Can you verify this ?

A 2012 is not that old that you cannot get parts for it at the Hyundai dealer parts dept. It is so much easier when you get the correct parts. Corrosion can usually be removed with little penetrating oil. The thing is to determine is how moisture got into the plug so you don't get a repeat performance with a new plug.if you have to replace it.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:32 PM

Thank you for replying. There is constant power going to the motor(yellow wire), I believe this is because of the Auto-reverse-Anti-pinch feature. I guess the motor needs power regardless of the switch for the Auto-reverse feature to work. I have not tested power in/out of the switch because it is brand new, but I will do that. I wish I had a wiring diagram of the Switch/motor, but will try by trail and error/elimination to determine which wires go to the window in question. The motor has six wires going to it, my guess is 1power(yellow)-2ground(black)-3up(blue)-4down(white)-5ground(green) for up-6ground(green) for down. I could not find any info on troubleshooting a six wire power window motor like this one. I will test the blue and white wires at the switch, I will post if I find a solution, and will look(again) to see if I can find the plug/harness online. Thank-You.