Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

09 Veracruz right Brake grinding/rubbing after brake pad replacement

Old 10-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Question 09 Veracruz right Brake grinding/rubbing after brake pad replacement

Hello,
i have an '09 Verzcruz AWD Limited with about 75K miles. Recently we had our front brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced by our local mechanic. Since that change, we started noticing that when we'brake' at low speeds of about 25mph to 35mph, a grinding/rubbing on and off noise was coming from the right front wheel area. We brought it back to the mechanic twice now, and each time he finds nothing wrong, but did change the brake pads from one wheel to the other the first time we were there and the noise was gone for about two weeks, until it returned in the same wheel. At this point we ruled out deffective pads, and knew had to be with the braking parts (caliper, or something else) as they had been swapped. The second time around, once again he said he could not find anything out of place but did notice that the right brake assembly was not lubricated. He lubricated and the noise was gone for about 3 weeks, and now has returned. It gets louder with time as you drive the CUV each day. In the interim we had an oil change at the local Hyundai dealer, who said the front brakes needed "servicing" as they noticed the brackets or something (sorry don't remember exact terminology) were sticking. I told them i had the pads recently replaced and they suggested i bring it back to the mechanic that did them, but didn't elaborate what servicing is. Now the vehicle did not make this noise before the brakes were replaced, but the pads were very low and needed replacement. I used Platimum ceramic pads from Advanced Auto...any suggestions or ideas, would be immensely appreciated. What is my mechanic missing here? He obviously hears it and feels it when he test drives it, but how could he not find the cause of this issue?
Thanks
Claudio