Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Hyundai Veracruz (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-veracruz-44/)
-   -   Veracruz transmission control module failure (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hyundai-veracruz-44/veracruz-transmission-control-module-failure-16155/)

seanD 11-09-2016 04:23 PM

Veracruz transmission control module failure

Hello Veracruz gurus. I bought a 2009 Veracruz in April 2015. In November 2015 the ESC, AWD, and abs lights came on and it seemed like it was stuck in first gear. I was driving 55 mph at the time. Once I got it into a parking lot, I could shift into park. I had to push the shift release button to get it into park. After that it wouldn't start at all. It turned out to be the TCM. That cost me $2000 for parts and labor. It is not covered under the power train warranty because it is mounted to the transmission. At the time of this failure I had the progressive snapshot installed. So, this past August(2016) it failed again. Nine months after new TCM was installed. The part was covered under its own 12 month warranty. I just had to pay labor. Then, October(2016) I was driving, heard a clunk and ESC light came on again. Guess what, yep it failed again. Something is making this part fail and the repair shop hasn't benn able to figure it out. 3 transmission control modules in less than 12 months. The part itself costs $1800. Has anyone out there had or heard of this issue? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 2009 Veracruz Limited AWD 114000 miles.

Ltfarrelly 10-22-2018 12:51 PM

Same issue

Did you ever figure it out? My car has the same issue. Got a new tcm one month ago and this happened again today.

Originally Posted by seanD (Post 52098)
Hello Veracruz gurus. I bought a 2009 Veracruz in April 2015. In November 2015 the ESC, AWD, and abs lights came on and it seemed like it was stuck in first gear. I was driving 55 mph at the time. Once I got it into a parking lot, I could shift into park. I had to push the shift release button to get it into park. After that it wouldn't start at all. It turned out to be the TCM. That cost me $2000 for parts and labor. It is not covered under the power train warranty because it is mounted to the transmission. At the time of this failure I had the progressive snapshot installed. So, this past August(2016) it failed again. Nine months after new TCM was installed. The part was covered under its own 12 month warranty. I just had to pay labor. Then, October(2016) I was driving, heard a clunk and ESC light came on again. Guess what, yep it failed again. Something is making this part fail and the repair shop hasn't benn able to figure it out. 3 transmission control modules in less than 12 months. The part itself costs $1800. Has anyone out there had or heard of this issue? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 2009 Veracruz Limited AWD 114000 miles.

same

smcdja 09-16-2021 09:43 PM

TCM Issues on 09 Veracruz

I am having the same problem with my 09 Veracruz. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by seanD (Post 52098)

hanky 09-17-2021 07:23 AM

I wouldn't exactly call this advice, but when we get repeated failures of a particular part it can be caused by , poor quality, incorrect installation,underlying electrical problem(s).

Underlying electrical problems could include stray voltages from somewhere in the system or excessive voltage supplied to the component(s).

This should be verified with a check for a service bulletin pertaining to this particular problem or a good tech with a solid electrical background and equip to isolate the cause.

smcdja 09-17-2021 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 61895)
I wouldn't exactly call this advice, but when we get repeated failures of a particular part it can be caused by , poor quality, incorrect installation,underlying electrical problem(s).

Underlying electrical problems could include stray voltages from somewhere in the system or excessive voltage supplied to the component(s).

This should be verified with a check for a service bulletin pertaining to this particular problem or a good tech with a solid electrical background and equip to isolate the cause.

It is with the dealer, so I would hope that that they have checked all that u suggested

hanky 09-17-2021 06:02 PM

There is no harm in asking if there was a service bulletin referring to the problem.
If there was , they would probably tell you since you asked.