New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2010 Hyundai Genesis

Old 03-09-2019, 11:47 PM
Unhappy 2010 Hyundai Genesis

I’m driving myself insane. I have taken my car to 3 different shops with all 3 having different answers to my problem.

I own a 2010 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L my car has 115,000 miles on it. Every time the car goes from a complete stop or slows down when making sharp turns the driver seat and the middle console vibrates or shakes or rattles, it ONLY does it then. The car feels very smooth always after gets into 2nd or 3rd gear. You can feel it ONLY at 2000 rpm+. The higher the rpm the more you feel the vibration. And again it goes right away always after car gets to 20 mph and always starts at 15 mph, at 2000 rpm and above.

One mechanic told me it could be your driveshaft or u joints or engine mounts. I paid them to lift up the car because they said tires looked good nothing looked bent everything was all aligned as well. They told me after lifting it they inspected it all and everything from what the eye could see looked good in shape and not wore out. They also checked fluids and bacsically did a whole check on the car but from what the eye could see nothing. I was told just keep driving and if it gets worse bring it back.

It bothered me so much I took it to another shop and they drove the car and said they believe it could possibly be my transmission only because it seems to only happen from 1st to 2nd gear. They also lifted it and did a full Check around inside and out and said from what the eye can see she seems to be in good condition.

I was driving home and a check engine light came on. I was right next to my dads old buddy’s shop so I asked him to read the code and I wish I knew what the exact code was but I forgot, it definitely was a code about my throttle body. He called my dad and said I cleared the code just see if it comes up again.

Could this be the reson the car is vibrating?because everyone has lifted the car and looked at it all around and said it was good until this code came on at the last stop which was my dads mechanic. All mechanics said the drive shaft and u joints looked good but it could maybe be transmission they just don’t know until they dig deeper which would cost way to much for me right now. I have been told throttle body check engine light would not make the car vibrate the way I’m describing it.

Any tips or advice will help so much thank you again means the world to me I can’t stop stressing.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:49 PM

It still sounds like a possible bad CV joint.
Motor mounts also can look good ,but when a load is put on them, that is when you can see the problem. Carefully,,,,vehicle in drive, foot on the brake , raise engine RPM and watch engine. If it moves a lot check for broken motor mount (s). This is best done with someone on the front side of the vehicle and the driver holding their foot on the brake , NEVER allow anyone to get in front of the vehicle.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:37 AM

You might also want to have your wheels and tires checked on a Hunter Roadforce machine. Normally bent wheels will wobble at higher speeds, but you never know. They are an expensive machine and most shops don't have them, with a few phone calls you should be able to find a shop that does. If nothing else, it will be piece of mind, and usually shops that have the best equipment have the better techs.