Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Hyundai sonata ef no spark at coil packs (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/hyundai-sonata-ef-no-spark-coil-packs-17634/)

scant17 05-03-2019 04:40 AM

Hyundai sonata ef no spark at coil packs

I have a 2003 Hyundai sonata ef with a 2000 cc engine this model has the 2.4 lt engine on the American Market but the same engine it has a no start problem, its getting fuel, the pump is working all fuses good, no trouble codes, new coil packs, camsensors, ignition failure sensor plug wires etc and crankshaft is showing signal with scantool, power is Goin to coils but no spark but engine cranks well any ideas

avisitor 05-03-2019 07:29 AM

Is the ignition coil getting powers and grounds?
Does it receive a signal from the ECU?

scant17 10-16-2019 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor (Post 56070)
Is the ignition coil getting powers and grounds?
Does it receive a signal from the ECU?

Sorry for taking so long to reply but frustrated with this car, yes the ignition is getting power and ground, and its getting signal from ecu i recently change the crankshaft plate as mine was rusty etc i have new spark plugs and wires, coil packs, cam and crank sensor, ignition failure sensor, all new, timing is correct check it and recheck i got the ecu check as well, i am lost at what the problem is

Alex Morgan 11-25-2020 03:53 PM

Did you ever find out what was wrong. I have an 05 and switched the motor woth an 04

Originally Posted by scant17 (Post 56069)
I have a 2003 Hyundai sonata ef with a 2000 cc engine this model has the 2.4 lt engine on the American Market but the same engine it has a no start problem, its getting fuel, the pump is working all fuses good, no trouble codes, new coil packs, camsensors, ignition failure sensor plug wires etc and crankshaft is showing signal with scantool, power is Goin to coils but no spark but engine cranks well any ideas

I am having the same problem what was it

Alex Morgan 11-25-2020 03:55 PM

I have the same problem.

Originally Posted by scant17 (Post 56069)

I put an 04 motor in the 05 and im have the problem. Did you ever figure out what it was

hanky 11-26-2020 06:08 AM

I would not go so far to say that this is the problem, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can't go switching motors today as we did in the past
Manufacturers make changes from year to year and even mid year. and those change can make parts no longer inter changeable . They may fit physically , but it ends there.
I have some reservations regarding the signal coming from the crank sensor.and if it is correlated with the cam sensor.

avisitor 11-26-2020 07:13 AM

When swapping engines, sometimes one forgets to reattach every little thing.
Is the engine ground wire hooked up?

You have no spark?
Did you check for power and ground to the coil pack along with the ECU signal?

scant17 11-28-2020 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Morgan (Post 60149)
I am having the same problem what was it

​​​​​​I install another ECU and it start but only one coil pack work ,with the other I have power and ground from ECU but it still would not fire up I did a spark test and coil seems burnt out so I will buy another set of coils ,mind you the coil that would not work are new ones ,but I am going junk it after this and it don't work

Chewy 1475 04-20-2021 05:52 AM

I made sure both grounds are connected. The one on the transmission and the one on the other side that connects to the motor mount. It is like nothing on the left side of the car will work. For example driver's side door locks. Or windows