Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   hyundai trajet problems (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/hyundai-trajet-problems-2040/)

zap1 12-20-2006 10:06 PM

hyundai trajet problems

Sequence of events to problems with my Trajet:
1.Vehicle shuts down. 2.mechanic said its an electrical problem.
3.Electrician could not get it to restart.the fool had cut on white wire that i believe is the ecu signal and might have mix up the wires to the cam sensor.
4.Second mechanic found the timing belt stripped.Same was replaced with tensioner belt.Vehicel still refuse to start.Replaced cam and crank sensor.Still did not start.No error found when scanned with computer
5.Third mechanic/electrican said valves bent.Replaced all valves.Still did not start.
6.Fourth electrician said coils faulty.Both were replaced.Still did not start.At times not all plugs were firing.Both coilwere getting very hot.
7.Another electrician and mechanic recheck timing adjusted hydraulic lifters.carry out more checks.Vechicle started but was only firing on 2 and 3 cyclinders.
8. One coil burnt and a heavy rotten egg smell observed.
9.Last mechanic had a trajet in his garage ,swap the ecu and the vehicle was able to start on one tumble but not firing on all cyclinders.Vehicle now only tumbling with original ecu and not starting.Mechanic recommend i get an ecu unitand harness.Cost is very high in Trinidad(12000TT)
A lot of money spent.Need some advice.
Can i do a diagnostic check even the vehicle is not starting?
Did the coil explode because of the ecu or faulty wiring.

allycol 04-09-2016 04:17 PM

electrial problem

I have 2 tryjets 04-05 if you have a electrical problem first check under the bonnet right side fuse box. check your 30 amp fuses right hand side i have had on both cars 30 amp fuses over heat and weld them selves in. the only option replace fuse box. Apart from this they are a good car. PS its not a easy job to replace the fuse box you have to know what you are doing.

e3tom 04-13-2016 06:34 AM

did you notice the OP is close to 10 years old ?

avisitor 04-13-2016 07:30 AM

For just the OP, it has had a lot of views.
So may be there is a problem out there that people need to solve.

My guess is that the crank sensor is messed up and telling the ECU to fire the coil all the time.
This would prevent the engine from starting and make the coils burn up.

And when trying to figure out how to get the engine to start, always start with the basics
Fuel, Air, Spark, Timing, Exhaust, Compression
The engine needs fuel. So, is it getting the fuel it needs.
A spray can of something flammable can be used to see if fuel is the problem.
Is the engine getting air. Check your filter.
Check the spark at the plugs.
Timing, exhaust, compression ... etc.

The only thing that makes it very hard to figure out what is wrong .. is when it is more than one cause to your problem.