Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Meeeeee!! (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/meeeeee-3950/)

gazza 03-05-2008 08:43 AM

Meeeeee!!

Hi all,

I'm Gazza a brand new member, I run a Santa Fe 2.2crtd cxd, had it nearly two years only problems have been nearside front door lock acitvator,which was changed under warranty ,the ashtray decided that it wanted to pop out and remain out,thats kept in place with the help of a beer mat shoved down the side, that'll be changed at next service, the ashtray not the beer matI hope!!!

I'm aretired Englishman"Limey" Iwas withLandrover forthe final 25 yearsof myworking life so I know a little bit about driving 4x4s at least thats what I tell my daughter, who incidentally calls me the "old fart" Can,t think why I'm only70 years young, I don't wanna fall of me perch justyet!!

I do a lot of fishing, kiss em and putem back, don't murder then eat em like you lot Heh! Heh!!
Find the SantaFegreat for these outings,twice a week summer and winter, usually get soaked thats what the weathers quite often like in good old Blighty!

Ilive on the outskirts ofBirminghamin the good ol U/K!!

Spose I've bored you all to death,

Gazza!!! :D:([&:]

WheelBroker1 03-08-2008 11:23 PM

RE: Meeeeee!!

Hey...nice to meet you in here..Welcome to the forums...

frijoli 03-25-2008 06:55 PM

What kind of "mileage" do you get with that?

Clay

ORIGINAL: gazza

Hi all,

I'm Gazza a brand new member, I run a Santa Fe 2.2crtd cxd, had it nearly two years only problems have been nearside front door lock acitvator,which was changed under warranty ,the ashtray decided that it wanted to pop out and remain out,thats kept in place with the help of a beer mat shoved down the side, that'll be changed at next service, the ashtray not the beer matI hope!!!

I'm aretired Englishman"Limey" Iwas withLandrover forthe final 25 yearsof myworking life so I know a little bit about driving 4x4s at least thats what I tell my daughter, who incidentally calls me the "old fart" Can,t think why I'm only70 years young, I don't wanna fall of me perch justyet!!

I do a lot of fishing, kiss em and putem back, don't murder then eat em like you lot Heh! Heh!!
Find the SantaFegreat for these outings,twice a week summer and winter, usually get soaked thats what the weathers quite often like in good old Blighty!

Ilive on the outskirts ofBirminghamin the good ol U/K!!

Spose I've bored you all to death,

Gazza!!! :D:([&:]

NovaResource 03-25-2008 09:35 PM

Welcome to the forum.

gazza 03-26-2008 03:02 AM

Hi Clay,

I get between 34 - 36 mpg thats with the British gallon which I believe is slightly bigger than the US Gallon, I used to get 38 mpg
before I fitted side pipes come steps, I presume this was because the four fixxing brackets present a flat surface to the slipstream.

Gazza!!!

frijoli 03-27-2008 08:10 PM

Good mileage!

gazza 03-28-2008 03:59 AM

You'll find that 34 to 38mpg is the norm for the 2.2 diesels, new tucsons as well, just checkthe British forums,
but you must remember the imperial gallonis bigger tha the US gallon.

Gazza!!!

Derrel H Green 03-28-2008 06:43 AM

Imperial Gallon conversion to US Gallon

ORIGINAL: gazza

. . .you must remember the imperial gallonis bigger than the US gallon.

Gazza!!!
:)

Funny what us old duffers know:

1 U.S. gallon = 0.833 British Imperial gallon or

1 British Imperial gallon = 1.201 U.S. gallons

FYI FWIW :eek:

HTHs

:D

gazza 03-28-2008 09:00 AM

RE: Imperial Gallon conversion to US Gallon

Hi Derrel,

Is your Zimmer framemotorised like mine,