New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Here, and New to Hyundai!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Default New Here, and New to Hyundai!

Just bought my first Hyundai last week, an '09 Santa Fe that had been used as a rental, so it had 21K miles on it. It is a GLS FWD automatic with the popular equipment package, and is in the dark cherry color, with beige interior. I really am impressed with this vehicle.

I had been researching for over a year for a replacement for my much-despised but paid off 2002 Chevrolet Venture. Based on my experience with said Venture, plus another Chevrolet we've owned for seven years now, I knew I wanted to run far away from GM vehicles. So, of course, looking for better value and reliability, I looked at Honda and Toyota. Then I decided to look at SUVs instead of mini vans, and a quick comparison of the available vehicles led me right to the Santa Fe. I prefer to buy a vehicle that is a year old, so that it still has most of the warranty left, only has a few miles, but is a lot cheaper than new.

We'll see how things go, but in a few years when we are ready to get rid of our other Chevy, I imagine we'll be checking out the Hyundai once again.

On a side note, when we switched our car insurance from the '02 Venture to the '09 Santa Fe, I expected an increase in cost. My insurance did go up $8 per year. That's all! We had the agent double and triple check that figure. I was very pleased about that!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 AM

Welcome new Member and Hyundai Owner...
The Sante fe is one of the better looking models on the streets..they have been since they 1st came out..