Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

how many people in this forum have a forced induction hyundai

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Default how many people in this forum have a forced induction hyundai

Just want to know how many people in here have a turbo or supercharger in their Hyundai let me know, and also what supporting mods are done and how you did it .let me know what you think of it and any numbers you might have as far as performance like quarter mile or dyno and how well the car runs and dependability.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how many people in this forum have a forced induction hyundai

Hey there. I have a 95 Hyundai Accent 3-door. I use a turbonetics 3/4 hybrid. I had also done the Tib DOHC 2.0 swap. It wasn't to hard to hook up the turbo, I fabbed my own manifold for optimum flow, the hardest part was plumbing up the oil lines as you probably know when a kit is not available. I am currently using a turbo X blowoff but will upgrade soon. Internals were beefed up for the extra compression and I left N/A comp at 9:0:1 pushing only 9 lbs. I machined my own internals; rings,rods crank. Got better bearings and had to lighten the the rotating mass for reliability. I ported and polised the sucker as well as a good valve angle job. I fabbed my own intake and fuel rail to make sure the engine had enough to drink when the pedal got heavy. Other mods were done of course but I don't have time to go into them now. Horses are at 315 with 286 ft.lbs. 1?4 mile is at a rough mid 11. traction is a big issue. The engine is very reliable because of the drop compression, boost controller, and turbo timer. Any more questions just ask. I was also looking to open a performance line of my own parts, got any tips to get started?

Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Default RE: how many people in this forum have a forced induction hyundai

Let see pics and dyno numbers. Vids would be sweet as well..

Old 08-30-2022, 12:43 AM

2013 Elantra limited 1.8...I used an AMR500 and down sized the pulley...I put in a k&n short ram cold air intake,put in a custom big bore throttle body...an ever evolving performance chip and an injen throttle commander,and some custom pics through the torque app....I was running 500 horse power...I was running with the new mustangs and Camaros with the sport packages....I couldn't beat them but they couldn't shake me either...but I took the supercharger out because it was to much horsepower for the engine,it would end up blowing it and the transmission, so I cruise with about 300 horse now...runs just fine...the throttle commander acts sketchy at times and kind of unpredictable, sometimes will run like a stripid *** ape and other times it will just be fast

Last edited by Elan_Tra; 08-30-2022 at 05:40 PM.