Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Add Direct Aux-in for Ipod or Mp3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Default Add Direct Aux-in for Ipod or Mp3 Player

Great News

I want to make this to all Hyundai owners who are intersted in getting high quality audio from your Ipod or MP3 players to your stock Hyundai audio head unit.

Application Scope: Any Hyundai factory audio units with CD changer port at back
(in front panel, your usually will see a button marked "CD/CDC") including H260, 280, 290 and other series)

We all know that fumbling around your CDs with one-slot CD audio is bad, add a 6-disk CD changer at Hyundai cost $850 at dealers( I talked to them) and OEM CD cahger about $200 and not guarantee compatibility( also talked manufacturer they only promised 00-01 model), even with that, you have limited acess of songs.

Only solution? is hook up your IPOD or MP3 players to enjoy thousands of songs which you can never bored with.

Using FM transmitter is a solution, but sound quality is unbearable. I spent $89 plus tax to buy a Monster IPOD FM transmitter which has 8 channels, but can't get rid of hissing noise from every channel and frequency response is so bad that I prefer my FM broadcast. FM direct hook to antanna make low noise but frequncy (especially trebles)response still very limited.

The only solution is direct connection. But unless you have a newest Hyundai high-end car which has a MP3 input, all the stock audio Hyundai see to it you can't access their aux-in point. They want to sell their expensive CD changer. They use code to control accesss to that line. We know people at like Ice-Link, crutchfield, Blitzsafe etc. coming up with solutions for ALpine, Kenwood, Panasonic with BMW, Audi, Ford, Chrystler Honder, Toyata all brand names to hook up with adaptor, but none comes up with solution for Hyundai. I se people begging for them (like BlitZsafe) for years (from June 2003) with all promise and nothing up to now! Maybe they think we a cheap and the efforts not worth it? I think we will prove them wrong---- We Hyundai people have more money to spend on our enjoyment than a mere car!

I have exausted the whole web to find a solution and seems no one is making input
adaptor for Hyundai. After months of persisting searching, finally got a surprising happy result . Details see here http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index....ndpost&p=29552 and here http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index....ndpost&p=29620 The sound is fantastic if you convert your MP3 in CD bitrate. The bass solid and vibrating and treble is clarified in details. I believe Hyundai makes decent amplifier in their car audio and it's a waste to change to some inferior audio just because they have MP3 input.

Note: This adaptor work with most of the Hyundai audio with a CD changer port (round shape 8-pin port) namely, the H260-290 series and some H900 series I believe. All should have a CD/CDC button in front face. If you are not sure, using my install link at above post to get your audio out to see if you have CD changer port at back.

Now the thing to do is to collect 500 buyers to get the adaptor.

I'm using this post to poll the interested buyers. You can post here if you want it and also state how many pieces you want (maybe you want to give or sell to your friends). As soon as we got near tha quantity, we will establish a Paypal account to escrow the money to get the adaptors to you.

Any better idea also can post here.

Old 03-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Default RE: Add Direct Aux-in for Ipod or Mp3 Player

New information and price, see here

Old 03-11-2006, 07:30 PM

sorry, it's duplicate

Old 03-17-2006, 09:33 PM

that link doesn't work, see here for detailed infor and GB on this adaptor.