General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Hyundai Elantra Stalled in Reverse & Could Not Drive Forward Either

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Default 2003 Hyundai Elantra Stalled in Reverse & Could Not Drive Forward Either

I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS with less than 70,000 miles. For the past 5 years, I have not driven the car very much though I have driven it more the couple months without any issues. The other day I was running errands and after shopping at a store, I got into my car to go to my next destination. I put the car in reverse and drove about 1 or 2 feet when I felt a shaking at my feet and the car suddenly stopped. Then I tried to drive forward, but the car would not move forward and I could not even put the pedal all the way down. The emergency brake was not on: I had not even touched it. Since I could not reverse or drive forward, I put the car in park. I turned off my vehicle and got out and looked around my car to see if anything was blocking my vehicle: nothing was. When I got back in my vehicle I started it up and the car ran perfectly: no shaking, stopping, or issues with the pedal. I drove back home and have not driven my car since.

What do you think caused this issue? Were there any recalls associated with a car issue that could have caused my car to stall?