General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Door locking problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Default Door locking problems

I've read some posts about people having trouble with the car not automatically locking well I have the opposite problem.

There seems to be some sort of fuse blown in the car. I have no clue. In New England we get some mean winters and If I want to leave my car running to warm up I have to leave the door cracked open so that it wont lock me out.

Today we got a terrible snow storm and my boyfriend was attempting to warm up our cars and clean them off. Well, he wasn't aware of this on going issue with my car and regretfully shut the door while it was running. Now we can't get in... and of course the spare is nowhere to be found. Any other given day it's hanging up. Figures.

Does anyone have ANY clue what this is?! My Hyundai dealer is useless. They like to find little reasons to blame me for the errors and then charge me an arm and a leg to fix it.

For example: Another electrical problem is my air bag light going off. No matter how many times I bring it in for them to reset it, it just goes off a few days later. They tried blaming me by saying it was from adjusting the seat too much. I think I've adjusted the seat maybe one or twice since Ive gotten it.

I don't know I'm at a loss. I have to leave for work in a half hour and my car is running with no one in it... I don't know what to do. AAA is on their way. Hopefully they can help.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Door locking problems

What car?

Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Default RE: Door locking problems

My Hyundai dealer is useless.
Find another Hyundai dealer. You can take your car to any Hyundai dealership, particularly if the car is new enough for warranty repair.

I don't know I'm at a loss. I have to leave for work in a half hour and my car is running with no one in it... I don't know what to do. AAA is on their way.
Well, by now either AAA has rescued you or the car has run out of gas. It would be nice to know what model and year Hyundai you have. I do have two questions. 1) Does the car lock itself up regardless of which door is slammed shut? or does this only happen with the driver's door? 2) Does the car lock itself up if you carefully latch the driver's door by slowly pushing on it? Find your spare key fob before you test the doors.

Another electrical problem is my air bag light going off. No matter how many times I bring it in for them to reset it, it just goes off a few days later. They tried blaming me by saying it was from adjusting the seat too much. I think I've adjusted the seat maybe one or twice since Ive gotten it.
What a bunch of BS and all the more reason to find a different dealership. You should be able to adjust and readjust the seat as much as you want without triggering the airbag light. The airbag system has it's own set of diagnostics, which the dealership can access with the proper scan tool. Doing so would explain what the problem is. This dealer is simply reseting the error code and stonewalling you. Airbags are serious business, perhaps you should contact the national number for Hyundai and complain about this issue.