Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Accent
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 PM

Unhappy Heater Core?

Hello,
I am new here and I love my Hyundai
I have a 2003 Hyundai accent with about 200,000 miles on it. Yesterday I noticed my windshield had a film on the inside and the car smells like pancake syrup when the heater is running. Heater core? There is no water on the floor and it still makes heat but not as hot as it used to. It doesn't over heat and it runs great otherwise.
If it is the heater core how hard is it to change? Do you have to remove the dash board?
Can it be bypassed?
I love this car but at 200,000 miles I don't know how much more I should put into it.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Banned

Could be a leaking heater hose. But it's a good chance the heater core is shot. The good news is that it is not too hard to replace by heater core standards, but's it's still not something you wanna do if you don't know what you are doing.

Maybe you want to add the radiator additive/stop leak stuff if you're going to get a new car soon anyway. It works for a while if your leak is not too big.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM

Default thanks

Thanks I think we are going to try sealing it this week end. I hope it works the heater core cost about $400.00 and that is just for the part.
thanks for taking the time to answer me.
Jackie
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 PM

Tags
09, 2000, 200000, 2003, 2009, accent, coil, core, forum, heater, hyundai, leaks, milee, miles, muchu, removal, replace