Go Back   Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums > Vehicle Line Up > Hyundai Elantra
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Default 2011 Elantra Remote lock not working

Hi,

I just picked up my new 2011 Elantra yesterday, it had 35km on it.

Already I'm having a problem where both key fobs do not unlock/lock the car. BUT, when I open the car with the key manually the remote's begin to work.

The remote works there on, until the car is left for a period of time (I think in most cases more than an hour). After this the remote's stop working again!

Also, after I start up the car each time the radio and clock have wiped everything from record.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 PM

WARRANTY -- Take it to dealer and let them deal with it
Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Default Remote

There is a fuse panel in the dash just above the hood release. Take off the panel and look to see if a yellow switch is in the "OFF" position. If it is off, take a flat head screwdriver and flip it to the "ON" position. This should have been done by the dealer. It is a mode switch that turns off many of the electronics when the car is not used during shipment. It is mentioned briefly in the owners manual and has caused many of us some grief. The electronics will work briefly then stop working when the car is not used for a short time. This problem has been discussed on other forums for months.......................

That switch will fix all your electronics issues, fob, radio, clock.................Good luck with your new Elantra!

2011 Elantra Desert Bronze with Navi
2005 Acura TL
1989 Mercedes 300E

Last edited by bigdogbitu; 02-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 AM

Great, thanks a lot!

I opened up the fuse box and the switch was indeed 'Off' I will be stopping by the dealer today to get them to switch it back on. and hopefully they remember to this on future sales too.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Default Yellow Switch

Many dealers across the country were forgetting to move the switch to the "ON" position when prepping the car. My dealer was unaware of the issue until I told them about it back in December. The switch can still be a good idea if you plan to store your car for a period of time and don't want the electronics to drain your battery. It simply reduces the power drain when the car in not in use.

2011 Elantra Desert Bronze Limited with Tech Pkg............
2005 Acura TL with Tech Pkg
1989 Mercedes 300E
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Tags
2010, 2011, elantra, elantras, fobs, hyundai, key, locking, problem, program, remote, unlock, wont, work, working