Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

I need some help with elantra wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Default I need some help with elantra wiring

i have a 2004 hyundai elantra sedan and when i went to get the radio installed the guy screw up the wiring, he first connected the radio so the radio would only turn on if the headlights were on, then i brought it back and now its fine it will only turn on if the keys are in, but here is my problem, now the dome light (room light) inside the car wont work, whether in door or on, and i know it has to do with one of those wires, i already checked fuses and everything, the funny thing is that it was working when the radio would only work if the headlights were on. but now it wont. i know that the raido has a (what i think the color is PINk) pink wire that is for the stock radio illumination cause i remember that the panel would only turn on if the headlights were on. so now my question is what would i connected that wire to, to have my room light working? also does anyone know what those extra wires inthe stock radio adapters are for? cause now they are just hanging there and not connected to the radio or anything. i have uploaded all the pics i took in case any one is better than other for you guys.

thanks for the help

here are the pics
http://img696.imageshack.us/g/img0531ti.jpg/

and what is this wire for?
http://img218.imageshack.us/i/img0534y.jpg/